Thread poster: LegalTransform

LegalTransform  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:55
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 2, 2005

I apologize if this has been discussed before or if it seems stupid, but is there a way (or plans to add this feature in the future) to arrange the list of KudoZ points on your profile page so that the language pair in which you have the most points will appear first, the pair with the second-highest number of points will appear second, etc.??

Direct link Reply with quote

Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
Good suggestion, and here is another along the same line Feb 2, 2005

I would like to have the option to selectively hide language pairs in which I have earned KudoZ points but that I do not necessarily wish to exhibit on my profile page.

Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:55
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Agree with both suggestions! Feb 3, 2005

I agree with both suggestions!
Laura

Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 18:55
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...

Agree with both suggestions Feb 3, 2005

1. Create a 'rank' box for us to fill out.
2. to exlude pairs one fills out a '00', a'-' or a blank.

Mats

Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:55
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Not an option for some languages Feb 3, 2005

Basically I agree with both, great suggestions. But it might not work for some language pairs. Small languages, used only in their not too big countries of origin do not have a lot of KudroZ questions posted anyhow. To get some points and just to sharpen ones skills a lot of translators answer questions and earn points in other language pairs but that does not mean that they would want this other language pair to be listed first.
I am Latvian and Russian native speaker and have more KudroZ points in English-Russian simply because unless I get points for every single Latvian question posted the number of points earned from this language will always stay smaller than the Russian one. At the same time most of my work is in English-Latvian language pair. And I would want the EN-LV pair to remain the first one.
There must be other translators out there who have the same problem. Well, it is not a problem yet but will be if this system is implemented. So maybe it is better to give translators choice how they want their language pairs listed.

Cheers,
Burrell

Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
Did you understand the two suggestions? Feb 4, 2005

Burrell wrote:

most of my work is in English-Latvian language pair. And I would want the EN-LV pair to remain the first one...So maybe it is better to give translators choice how they want their language pairs listed.

The two suggestions have nothing to do with your listed language pairs on the left side of your profile page. They are about the listing of KudoZ points on the right side of your profile page. The idea is to give you the choice to list these KudoZ points, grouped by language pair, in any order you wish.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Listing KudoZ language pairs according to number of pts. earned in each pair

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs