Mobile menu

How do I grade answers ?
Thread poster: Hanne Aas
Hanne Aas  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:09
English to Norwegian
Feb 16, 2005

I have searched the KudoZ pages, but haven't found out how I grade the answers I get to the questions I enter. Why do I for instance give an answer 3 points rather than 4 etc.? Forgive me if this information is easily available (in that case, I would be glad to learn where!).

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Hi Hanne! Feb 16, 2005

When you click the grade/decline button, yellow boxes appear beneath each of the answers given. In the middle, there is a place for your comment; to the left there is a dropdown menu for choosing the number of points you would like to give the answer chosen by you; above the dropdown menu you will see a small square with the letter 'i' (info). This is a link to the help window which reads:

KudoZ grading scale

When deciding how many points to award, please consider this scale as a guideline:

4: Answer was acceptable, explanation was good, reference was provided (or not needed)
3: Answer was acceptable, explanation was good, but reference was lacking
2: Answer was acceptable
1: Answer was somewhat helpful

Hanne Aas  Identity Verified
English to Norwegian
Thanks for helping with the grading question! Feb 17, 2005

Thank you so much for your answer to my question. Exactly what I wanted to know, especially the part about what each of the points mean! That really helped!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I grade answers ?

Advanced search

Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs