Thread poster: Kirill Semenov

Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 05:12
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Feb 19, 2005

We may receive a notification when a question is closed by the asker.

Also, we may receive a notification that the robot graded our own answers automatically basing on peer comments.

But we receive no notification when the robot graded automatically a question we had answered (but hadn't won).

I hope it's a very simple thing to add.

Direct link Reply with quote

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 04:12
German to Romanian
+ ...
why would you need that? Feb 19, 2005

I'm just curious why you feel this option would be necessary

Ukraine
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tracking Feb 19, 2005

Elvira Stoianov wrote:
I'm just curious why you feel this option would be necessary

Some of us, including me, are tracking our winning & lost answers, so me personally, I would like to get full notifications -- moreover, when we have an opportinity to have all other kinds of notifications. This is the only reasons. If we get notifications, I would like to get them in all cases I prefer.

[Edited at 2005-02-19 17:35]

Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
I think it is not necessary Feb 19, 2005

As I see it, it is not necessary. When I receive the notification that it has been awarded to another person, I realise my answer has not been chosen. And for me that's enough. Perhaps I don't understand clearly what you mean.

Or what you mean is that at the same time the robot grades it, a message should be sent to you, too?

Why not? In this case we would know the chosen answer, am I correct?
Cheers,
Inés

[Edited at 2005-02-19 19:18]

Ukraine
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I mean grading robot Feb 19, 2005

Ines Garcia Botana wrote:
When I receive the notification that it has been awarded to another person, I realise my answer has not been chosen. And for me that's enough. Perhaps I don't understand clearly what you mean.

My point is that when the grading robot (not the asker!) grades a question and it's awarded to another person, you _do not_ get any notification. I would like such notification to be send to all other answerers (not only winners who do receive a notification in such cases), that's simple.

Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:12
English to Arabic
+ ...
Agree Feb 20, 2005

Kirill Semenov wrote:

My point is that when the grading robot (not the asker!) grades a question and it's awarded to another person, you _do not_ get any notification. I would like such notification to be send to all other answerers (not only winners who do receive a notification in such cases), that's simple.

I agree - I have always asked myself why we don't receive notification in that particular case. It only seems logical that we should. Again, it's not about points, but about knowing which answer will ultimately appear as the chosen one.

Nesrin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A notification when a question is graded by proZ robot

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs