Thread poster: Louise Gough
Louise Gough
Louise Gough  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:21
German to English
+ ...
Feb 22, 2005

Please could someone tell me how to enter a note in the main notes box? Can you only do this if you haven't already answered the question?

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Italian to English
Unless I've misunderstood your point, Feb 22, 2005

you can only enter a note as an afterthought to your own answer.

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:21
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
What do you mean by "main notes box"? Feb 22, 2005

Louise Gough wrote:
Please could someone tell me how to enter a note in the main notes box? Can you only do this if you haven't already answered the question?

Hi Louise,

What do you mean by "main notes box" - the "You may add a note" box in your answer or the "Ask the asker" feature? If the latter is meant, then you can add notes at any point in time, even after having posted your own answer.

Steffen

[Edited at 2005-02-22 16:46]

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 09:21
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
The more points the more options Feb 22, 2005

Louise Gough wrote:

Dear Louise, in kudoZ some options become available only after you have gained a certain amount of kudoZ points. In due time you will be able to use "Ask the Asker" button, a bit later you will be able to switch questions between Easy/Pro, then there will be an option to edit a question's language pair and general subject categories (Technical, Business, etc.) and more detailed subcategories.

You may find the KudoZ FAQ useful:

http://www.proz.com/index.php3?sp=about/kudoz&show_mode=faq

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 04:21
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Ask the asker option Feb 22, 2005

I think you mean this, Louise, and it's only available after 20 KudoZ (and after the 20th you must wait 24 hours).

Welcome to ProZ.com!

Claudia

P.S.
I just noticed that you have exactly 20 KudoZ, you'll be able to ask the asker.

Louise Gough
Louise Gough  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for help Feb 22, 2005

Thanks for your replies, everyone. It is indeed the "ask the asker" feature I was inquiring about, but didn't know what it was called as I couldn't access it (I've looked in Kudoz FAQ but don't think it's covered there).
Claudia is right - it appears that I have today reached the magic threshold needed to access this feature, so I'll look out for it when I log in tomorrow!
Just a suggestion for an already excellent site - it would be a good idea to include information about this feat
... See more
Thanks for your replies, everyone. It is indeed the "ask the asker" feature I was inquiring about, but didn't know what it was called as I couldn't access it (I've looked in Kudoz FAQ but don't think it's covered there).
Claudia is right - it appears that I have today reached the magic threshold needed to access this feature, so I'll look out for it when I log in tomorrow!
Just a suggestion for an already excellent site - it would be a good idea to include information about this feature in the FAQ. I've just noticed that someone else asked about this recently (How to add a note to someone else's question). Even though "ask the asker" is not available to new users, it would be useful for them at least to know why they are as yet unable to enter notes in the asker's box, and how many points they need to be able to do so.

[Edited at 2005-02-22 21:47]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Putting a note in the notes box

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »