Mobile menu

Did asker declined my response rightly???
Thread poster: PRAKAASH

PRAKAASH  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:40
Member (2007)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Mar 25, 2005

Please visit this link and just tell me whether my reply is rejected rightly or so?

The email says the following words-

I'm sure that this question was not asked by professional and I don't see any strong reason to decline my answer!!!!

+977 56 530738

Direct link Reply with quote

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:10
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I don't undertand either Mar 26, 2005

Perhaps there is something I'm missing (kind of lack of knowledge of in your languages...) While, I really don't know whether your answer is correct or not, I don't understand the cause of the rejection: "use of offensive words". Where are they?

Lindsay Sabadosa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:10
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
Perhaps... Mar 26, 2005

I'm sure that this question was not asked by professional and I don't see any strong reason to decline my answer!!!!

I'm just guessing here but maybe the asker was offended when you said that Nepalese people know little about Hindi since s/he lives in Nepal and translates into Hindi. Please excuse me if I'm incorrect. I also have very limited knowledge of the source languages.

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Maybe the asker misunderstood you Mar 26, 2005

"... as Nepalese people have little knowledge about Hindi"

"I mean to say that they can understand simple Hindi, not the complicated one!"

In your profile you say: "The only native 1 2 Hindi & Nepali both"

If the asker did not check your profile, he could not realize that you were talking about a group to whom you belong yourself, so your (slightly over-generalized) statements could not have been meant offensively.

That's a pity, because the rest of your explanation is good.

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:10
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Specific questions about specific KudoZ Mar 26, 2005

Hello Prakaash

I agree with the previous answers, there seems to be a kind of misunderstanding. I wondered myself whether there wasn't some kind of irony in your comment.

Anyway, a KudoZ moderator knowing one of the languages involved could be of more help than a public forum for specific questions about specific KudoZ.
I understand that you need to share and to know how would the others deal with the problem if this happened to them, but those who are going to answer on the light of the rules are the mods.
I'd say that for declining the reason has to be linguistic, but one of KudoZ rules says that we can't comment on an asker's decision to grade a certain way.

The moderator could eventually contact the asker and ask whether there was a misunderstanding.
Let's assume good faith.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Did asker declined my response rightly???

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs