Mobile menu

E-mail notification in respect of questions whose language combination is changed
Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:31
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Mar 26, 2005

As and when a new Kudoz question is posted by an Asker, the concerned Proz members are informed of the same by means of e-mail so as to enable them to know that a new question has been posted so that they may suggest their answers for the same. But, sometimes, the Asker puts the question in a wrong pair inadvertently and this question is then sent to the right pair by some knowledgeable person. In this case, the concerned linguists are not apprised of the fact that another question has appeared in their language combination and when they happen to know about the same, they find that a number of answers have already been provided.

I think it will be great if an e-mail notification is sent in such cases.

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:01
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Hello langclinic Mar 26, 2005

I understand your concern and I might have think the same way some time ago.

But now I think that it would not be a good thing, because some people do that and don't care about the comments they receive and keep sending questions in the wrong pair because they know that somebody will change the pair of languages for them. If they receive as many answers as posting rightly they would become lazier.
Of course, there are askers who do it inadvertently and they notice it when they start wondering why it takes so long to get an answer.
The fact that when you notice a question in the wrong pair it already has a number of answers shows that the notification doesn't make a big difference. I think that in some pairs it will make a difference and in this case the asker can contact a moderator and ask to squash his question and post it again in the right pair of languages.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

E-mail notification in respect of questions whose language combination is changed

Advanced search

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs