Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]
disagreeing vs being neutral if you have suggested another answer
Thread poster: Daniela Zambrini
Fuad Yahya
Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
We are in agreement on most point May 28, 2005

The only point I disagree with is the "objection box." That would be a "disagree" vote with a different label.

The idea I am advocating is to move away from labeling any comment altogether. Let the comment speak for itself. A comment may include highly laudatory words, general supporting words, additional comments and suggestions, minor critiques, or outright objections. All of these are legitimate, and many of these can co-exist in the same comment. There is no compelling reason to
... See more
The only point I disagree with is the "objection box." That would be a "disagree" vote with a different label.

The idea I am advocating is to move away from labeling any comment altogether. Let the comment speak for itself. A comment may include highly laudatory words, general supporting words, additional comments and suggestions, minor critiques, or outright objections. All of these are legitimate, and many of these can co-exist in the same comment. There is no compelling reason to force a label on the comment.

If the reviewer decides that a particular answer is worthy of support (let us not kid ourselves: the system is built on a competitive model), then a vote of agreement would be placed. No name would be needed. All that would appear is a number showing the number of supporting votes received. No "favors" are earned or returned.

invguy wrote:

anonymous votes would in fact encourage 'emotional' voting.

Signing votes leads to unhealthy practices, such as returning "favors." Comments, on the other hand, need to be signed, whether supportive or critical.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

disagreeing vs being neutral if you have suggested another answer

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »