Closed w/o grading - different colour in the list?
Thread poster: Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:06
French to English
Jun 10, 2005

Minor point & apols if been asked before, but does anyone else think it would be a nice idea if Qs that have been closed without grading were to show up in the question list in a different colour? In the same way that "closed & graded" ones are bright yellow.

Actually, ideally, I can't really see the point of having them in the list at all, but I was trying to think of an easy way to program it

Fuad Yahya
Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
Do you mean in the column showing the number of answers received? Jun 10, 2005

Charlie Bavington wrote:

it would be a nice idea if Qs that have been closed without grading were to show up in the question list in a different colour? In the same way that "closed & graded" ones are bright yellow.

When a question has been graded, the color changes to bright yellow in the right-most column that shows the number of answers received. Is that where you suggest the different color for closed without grading? I think it is a good idea.

chica nueva
chica nueva
Local time: 05:06
Chinese to English
Good suggestion Jun 10, 2005

We are getting a lot of these now in English-Chinese pair.I personally think it is quite rude to the people who take the trouble to answer, and there has been some discussion of it recently in the Chinese forum.

Anyway, it's annoying because they still look as if they are open, so you go into them to answer them. I wonder why, even when they are not graded, they don't just get closed-off the way the others do.

Miomira Brankovic
Miomira Brankovic  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 19:06
English to Serbian
+ ...
Not rude, just fair Jun 11, 2005

Lesley McLachlan wrote:

I personally think it is quite rude to the people who take the trouble to answer.

If no acceptable answer was offered, it is only fair to the other KudoZ users, who might look for the translation of the same term sometime in the future, to close the question w/o grading. Otherwise, the selected answeror would have the opportunity to enter a wrong term into KudoZ open dictionary.
However, I think that using different color to set these questions apart in the list is a good idea.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Closed w/o grading - different colour in the list?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »