Thread poster: Laure Trads

Laure Trads  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:05
Member (2004)
English to French
Jul 30, 2005

Hi,

It would be great to have the option of tracking Kudoz questions, the way we can already track forum posts, by ticking "All posts" in "Your email tracking".

When I do not know how to answer a Kudoz question, I would like to know other proZ's answers, for my own benefit. But I often forget to go back.

This feature would allow us to track Kudoz questions we are interested in, for whatever reason. The debates that go on in Kudoz questions are at least as interesting as forum posts.

Laure

Direct link Reply with quote

Terry Gilman  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Kudoz search Jul 30, 2005

I'm not against tracking but would never use it (too much email to begin with).

I re-find interesting Kudoz via the Kudoz search. (But you do have to remember at least one of the key words).

xxxtazdog
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
this feature already exists Jul 30, 2005

You can track individual Kudoz questions. Go to the page of the question you want to track, and click on the "Track" button (located at the right of the row of buttons between the question box and the answers). You will be notified when the question is closed, and then you can go back and look at it.

Ilde Grimaldi  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
option to track all questions you receive Jul 30, 2005

Now tracking means receaving an email when a question is closed, and you have to select the single question you are interested in. Besides we receive the message a question has been closed in case we suggested an answer.

I wish there was a new funtion implemented, so that we could receive (as an optional setting) this email notification for all questions we set to receive when they are asked (for example, if I receive Medical, pro notification for Kudoz questions posted, I could receive the relevant "question closed" message), so for example I could delete most of them but leave some terms to be visited. The big advantage for me (I do not answer much anymore for lack of time, and even if I answer, would anyway have a partial idea about all the discussion which will develop) would be to go to that page when the all discussion is ended and the asker has chosen the answer or found the solution. This because we know that question are closed in different moments, after few/many hours, few/many days etc.

I already had asked Henry to implement such a function last November in Oxford, but at that time I asked for it as a Moderator function, so that moderators could be able to visit the pages when the question is closed and all participants have already written something, not just when he/she receives the Kudoz notification of a questione asked, and very few people have already written. Obviously I would welcome it if this possible option was available to all.

So (Even if it is not vital nor urgent), I wish this function could be implemented, i.e. the possibility to choose to receive a "question closed" notification, set as a batch, not for single questions.

ciao ciao
Ilde

[Edited at 2005-07-30 16:47]

Laure Trads  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
All posts, not just when the question is closed Aug 1, 2005

Hi,

I know that it is possible to track a Kudoz question so that we can receive a message when the question is closed.

But what I had in mind was to track all the posts for a question, as they are posted, something you can receive only if you have offered a solution. This way, if we are particularly interested in a question, we could select to receive all contributions for it, to follow developments as they happen.

Laure

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tracking Kudoz like forum posts

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs