How can I see the whole original page for a Kudoz entry once closed
Thread poster: mónica alfonso

mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:26
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 30, 2005

I am unable to see the whole original page (and the different options and explanations posted by different colleagues) if terms and translations are already entered in a personal glossary.
IMHO, the different options, explanations, and agreements/disagreements provided by Prozians are very useful, but when I click on a term, there appears just a box with the name of the glossary, the term and the translation entered by the asker.
Perhaps I am doing something wrong when trying to open the page?

Direct link Reply with quote

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 03:26
German to Romanian
+ ...
the only problem is that you are trying to open a page that doesn't exist ;) Jul 30, 2005

I think you are referring to glossary entries entered by ProZ members, that are not related to any KudoZ question.
Members can keep a personal glossary where they can enter any terms (consider it like a storage space for terms offered by ProZ). These are entered from your personal profile page, if I remember corerctly.

PCovs
Denmark
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
Go to: "KudoZ Search" Jul 30, 2005

This is where you can find the questions and answers again.

mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:26
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks PCovs Jul 30, 2005

I had not paid attention to that option before
That is exactly what I wanted.

Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Personal glossary entries based on KudoZ answers contain link to question Jul 31, 2005

Hi all,

Just as an addition to what's been said before, whenever a selected KudoZ answer is entered into a personal glossary, that personal glossary entry will contain a link to the related KudoZ question.

Steffen

[Edited at 2005-07-31 09:15]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I see the whole original page for a Kudoz entry once closed

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs