I'm a platinum member. Why only five kudos questions?
Thread poster: Matthew Hammond (X)
Matthew Hammond (X)
Matthew Hammond (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:38
Polish to English
+ ...
Aug 8, 2005

I've just forked out my hard earned cash to become a platinum member, so why have I only been allowed to ask five kudoz questions? I always answer the questions that get sent to me ASAP so can a moderator life this block please.

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 08:38
German to Romanian
+ ...
you're probably just partial Platinum Aug 8, 2005

I assume you only paid a partial Platinum (judging by the color of your ribbobn, which I think is dark blue for full Platinums). I assume in case you paid for a jobs Platinum, you only have free access to job-related "goodies". I think you need "community" platinum for full KudoZ access.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Dear Matthew Aug 8, 2005

The light blue platinum icon in your profile is the evidence that you are partial (not full) platinum member. But there are two options of partial platinum membership: jobs and community. Which one did you purchase?
http://www.proz.com/?sp=info/prem&inquire=1&viewPage=partial_benefits

In case you feel that something is wrong please submit a support
... See more
The light blue platinum icon in your profile is the evidence that you are partial (not full) platinum member. But there are two options of partial platinum membership: jobs and community. Which one did you purchase?
http://www.proz.com/?sp=info/prem&inquire=1&viewPage=partial_benefits

In case you feel that something is wrong please submit a support request using the Support button in the upper menu.
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You have a partial Platinum "jobs" Aug 8, 2005

so then the five-questions-limit applies to you.
If you need to ask more questions, please contact ProZ staff.
You can find further informations in this topic and especially in this post.

Thank you
Regards
Jerzy

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 02:38
SITE FOUNDER
Sorry this is not clearer Aug 8, 2005

I am putting together a comprehensive breakdown of the two partial platinum membership types. If a higher KudoZ limit was one of the things you sought, just enter a support request for a changeover, upgrade and/or refund. Thanks for supporting the site.

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
same question - Part Job Platinum Aug 8, 2005

I have also posted the same question in another forum http://www.proz.com/post/251684#251684. Waiting for a reply, just posted a few hours ago and the forum is quite "crowded" so I'm sure it will be taken care of, but I'm re-posting here as the issue is specifically discussed.

I hope I will never need to post more than 5 questions as a part (job) platinum member (...
See more
I have also posted the same question in another forum http://www.proz.com/post/251684#251684. Waiting for a reply, just posted a few hours ago and the forum is quite "crowded" so I'm sure it will be taken care of, but I'm re-posting here as the issue is specifically discussed.

I hope I will never need to post more than 5 questions as a part (job) platinum member ( ). However, I was wondering about the different approach to keeping/modifying existing part Platinum membership advantages: already existing Part Platinum Community - vs new Part Community (lower priced now)- shall be keeping Blue Board Record access AND be allowed higher KudoZ limit, but already existing Part Job Platinum memberships (not reduced in price) are ONLY allowed 5 questions.

Have I missed out on something? Thanks in advance for explaining this when possible.

DZ

PS. Ooops, Henry, I was still writing this when your reply was posted just above. Thanks.

[Edited at 2005-08-08 22:38]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I'm a platinum member. Why only five kudos questions?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »