Thread poster: Rebecca Hendry

Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:48
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 19, 2005

With the old Kudoz layout, it was always very clear when a question had been closed as its text box turned a very bright yellow. Now the colour difference between open and closed questions is a very subtle one. Would it be possible to change it back to the brighter yellow?

Similarly, the difference between Pro and Non-pro is not as clear as it used to be.

Were these deliberate decisions?

Aside from that, I think the new Kudoz is great

Direct link Reply with quote

Sormane Fitzgerald Gomes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:48
Member (2004)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
I noticed that too. Aug 19, 2005

With the old Kudoz layout, it was always very clear when a question had been closed as its text box turned a very bright yellow. Now the colour difference between open and closed questions is a very subtle one. Would it be possible to change it back to the brighter yellow?

I agree, not much difference. I prefer the bright yellow.

Sormane F. Gomes

Mark Oliver  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:48
Indonesian to English
+ ...
Yes Aug 19, 2005

That is a very good point -- there is no immediately visible distinction at present.

Dr. Janos Annus  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 08:48
Member (2005)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Closed w/o grading Aug 20, 2005

In addition, the color of the questions closed w/o grading has not changed. I had two such questions recently, they still look open in the list.
Janos

gad
United States
Local time: 02:48
French to English
Yes, I noticed the same thing Aug 20, 2005

I'm glad someone posted this, though I'm sorry I'm just now noticing this thread. I noticed this very thing about the closed questions, and wish it were more obvious which questions ARE in fact closed. This would help a lot, thanks.

Joanna Borowska  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:48
English to Polish
Agree Aug 20, 2005

I prefer the old design, too. And a different colour for questions closed without grading seems an excellent idea to me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Make it more obvious that questions have been closed

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs