Thread poster: Astrid Elke Witte

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:30
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Aug 23, 2005

This is a question I have been meaning to ask for some time.

The "Kudoz points by language pair" add up to the total number of Kudoz points earned.

The "Kudoz points by field (general)" add up to the total number of Kudoz points earned.

The "Kudoz points by field (detailed)" only add up to about one third of the total Kudoz points earned. Why is this, and what has happened to the other fields (if they exist)?

If I take into account the message at the end saying "Kudoz points in several other fields, click here for details", the total amount still only adds up to one third of the points earned. I am slightly puzzled about this feature.

Direct link Reply with quote

ntext  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:30
Partial member
German to English
+ ...
No detailed field specified Aug 23, 2005

The reason is probably that you have answered many questions for which no detailed field was specified. The detailed fields feature was introduced relatively recently, therefore most of the older questions/answers don't have a detailed field associated with them.

Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
reclassification Aug 24, 2005

Astrid,

You have to go back to all your old questions and reclassify them according to the new field classification system (broad and detailed). It's tedious but it's the only way to have your total points match the sum of points earned from all your specified fields.

M

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reclassification - how is it done? Aug 24, 2005

Thanks, Norbert and Marcus.

How is reclassification done, though? I have taken a look at old questions that I have answered and I can't find anywhere to click in order to reclassify them.

Astrid

Nikki Graham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:30
Partial member (2003)
Spanish to English
This should work Aug 24, 2005

Go to Answer Kudoz questions,

then change settings to:

Fields - All fields
Category - All
Status - Closed
Asker Type - All askers
Personal - My points

That should display all the questions you have received points for in the language pair specified at the top and you can then click on them to alter them. If there is a ^ sign in the "language pair discipline" column, then the specific field probably needs to be stated.

HTH

Actually, it seems to state ^ to indicate both that it is the same category as the previous question and that it doesn't have a specific category. This is very confusing and wastes time. Could this be changed please?

[Edited at 2005-08-24 08:58]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kudoz Points Calculations

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs