Thread poster: Oliver Walter

Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:06
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Sep 9, 2005

When I tried to browse the KOG (KudoZ Open Glossaries) using the 3 separate drop-down lists for source language, target language and field, the result was always "No terms found in this glossary". When I search the same glossary (e.g. German>English Engineering (general), starting at the "major pairs" list on the left of the page, the correct glossary appears, with hundreds of entries.
(I was using Firefox browser version 1.0.6, but that's probably not relevant in this case.)

Oliver

Direct link Reply with quote

gad
United States
Local time: 07:06
French to English
I noticed another bug Sep 10, 2005

Not sure if it belongs on THIS thread, but if not then please forgive me...in the old search function, I could search for a term such as "etat des lieux", and it would give me all results for that term WITH AND WITHOUT the "é" on the "e" (i.e., results "etat des lieux" AND "état des lieux"). Now it looks like we have to actually enter the accented character, and in doing so we will only come up with the results for that term WITH the accented character - meaning, if I want both types of results I have to do TWO searches.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Should be fixed now Sep 12, 2005

Oliver Walter wrote:
When I tried to browse the KOG (KudoZ Open Glossaries) using the 3 separate drop-down lists for source language, target language and field, the result was always "No terms found in this glossary". When I search the same glossary (e.g. German>English Engineering (general), starting at the "major pairs" list on the left of the page, the correct glossary appears, with hundreds of entries.

Hi Oliver,

It should be possible to browse the KOG using the drop-down lists now. Thanks for reporting this problem.

Best regards,

Jason

Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Transliteration possible in new ProZ.com term search Sep 12, 2005

gad wrote:

Not sure if it belongs on THIS thread, but if not then please forgive me...in the old search function, I could search for a term such as "etat des lieux", and it would give me all results for that term WITH AND WITHOUT the "é" on the "e" (i.e., results "etat des lieux" AND "état des lieux"). Now it looks like we have to actually enter the accented character, and in doing so we will only come up with the results for that term WITH the accented character - meaning, if I want both types of results I have to do TWO searches.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Hi gad,

The new ProZ.com term search provides a limited ability to transliterate diacritics and other accented characters. (The old search interface did not provide this feature.) To enable this transliteration, simply untick the "match exact phrase" option in the search form. Having done so, a search for "état des lieux" should return results containing both "état des lieux" and "etat des lieux".

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jason

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bug in browsing KOG glossaries

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs