Mobile menu

E-mail preferences don't seem to work
Thread poster: Anette Herbert

Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:17
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 17, 2005

Since the dash board has been introduced I don't receive either job or kudoz notifications!
Obviously all my settings are double-checked,everything is ON and my own e-mail settings are no problem either according the Proz check. And I get notifications about replies to my postings to forums and from the Blueboard.
I have written to support about it but no reply yet. So for med the dashboard is not a good feature!

Direct link Reply with quote

OSWALDO MESIAS  Identity Verified
Ecuador
Local time: 10:17
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
e-mail job notifications lacking Sep 17, 2005

Anette Herbert wrote:

Since the dash board has been introduced I don't receive either job or kudoz notifications!
Obviously all my settings are double-checked,everything is ON and my own e-mail settings are no problem either according the Proz check. And I get notifications about replies to my postings to forums and from the Blueboard.
I have written to support about it but no reply yet. So for med the dashboard is not a good feature!

What I have noticed is that I receive only a few e-mail notifications of those appearing in the complete list for my pair. Now I don´t trust the e-mail notification system. Let's see if a remedy is applied soon!

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:17
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Suggestion Sep 17, 2005

Anette Herbert wrote:

Dear Anette,
the Dashboard has nothing to do with Jobs notifications. If you have problems in both areas, they may have nothing to do with the Dashboard.

I would advice you to try changing temporarily your email address (in your Personal data) using, just for the time necessary for this test, a different email address for all your ProZ.com traffic.

If the new address receives regularly all expected traffic, including KudoZ and Jobs, it means that the emails have been sent and are currently sent, but blocked somewher along the way.

The most likely cause is a filter by your email service provider that is catching some messages, and not others, as an attempt to block spam, and blocking legitimate traffic (false positives).
It has happened to me. In that case, after you have evidence (as suggested above) you may need to contact the support desk of your email service and provide them with details about the traffic that they are filtering, and ask them to remove the incorrect filter.

bye
Gianfranco

[Modificato alle 2005-09-17 12:13]

Joanna Borowska  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:17
English to Polish
and there's more of us... Sep 17, 2005

see: http://www.proz.com/topic/36759

English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not the likely cause Sep 17, 2005

Gianfranco Manca wrote:

The most likely cause is a filter by your email service provider that is catching some messages, and not others, as an attempt to block spam, and blocking legitimate traffic (false positives).

bye
Gianfranco

Hi,

I read that in FAQ as well, but I regularly check my server and I have lots of spam in the junk mail but NEVER anything from Proz.
So I agree with others that this must be a bug. It surely is bugging me

I must have missed a few job offers too.

Anette

olv10siq  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:17
English to Spanish
same problem here, no Questions since around the 15th Sep 20, 2005

Anette Herbert wrote:

Gianfranco Manca wrote:

bye
Gianfranco

Hi,

I read that in FAQ as well, but I regularly check my server and I have lots of spam in the junk mail but NEVER anything from Proz.
So I agree with others that this must be a bug. It surely is bugging me

I must have missed a few job offers too.

Anette

Hi, I am having a similar problem and I verified I can receive email from the site.

English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Getting jobs now, but still no Kudoz Sep 20, 2005

After deleting and reinserting my language pairs under Edit languages, I now get job postingsbut still no Kudoz???

I still have had no repy from support either, I think it is pretty poor, although I understand that they may be snowed under with work if nobody's e-mail if working.

Anette

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

E-mail preferences don't seem to work

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs