Mobile menu

What happened to the indication 'just closed' for questions closed without chosing an answer?
Thread poster: writeaway

writeaway  Identity Verified

Local time: 23:43
Partial member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Oct 3, 2005

am not sure this is the right place for this posting, but would like to know why the 'just closed' has been stopped and now questions closed without grading are just marked as 'closed'. Some people are over-using this feature and imho it would be helpful to see those questions mentioned as 'just closed'. I personally don't want to bother with askers who ask people for help and routinely 'close without grading'. if that's what they want to do, they now have the option of selecting 'no points' when they ask. I am only talking about people who close without grading quite often. Otherwise, I have no objections at all.

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:43
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Hi Oct 3, 2005

The "just closed" questions still appear as just closed in the profile 'KudoZ tab' of the answerer, while they appear as closed in the profile 'KudoZ tab' of the asker. While it is quite normal to just close a question in case no helpful answer has been given, no one should over-use this function. If you feel anyone does, please contact a moderator.

[Edited at 2005-10-03 19:03]

Lancashireman  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:43
German to English
Leave it to the robot Nov 4, 2005

Where answers have been supplied, have earned peer ‘agrees’ and would have been automatically awarded points if left to run, I do not feel that it is appropriate to leave the decision of ‘just closing’ to the asker . (I could post a link here to an answer that garnered seven peer agrees but was still rejected on the grounds of ‘no acceptable answer’.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What happened to the indication 'just closed' for questions closed without chosing an answer?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs