Closing a Question Without Grading
Thread poster: PFB (X)
PFB (X)
PFB (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:22
English to French
+ ...
Nov 25, 2005

I have received 1 answer to a question I asked and I wish to close it without grading (after thanking the answerer - of course)as I have found the answer somewhere else.

There used to be a "Close Without Grading" option, which I can no longer find.

Could anyone please tell me how I can close this question?

Many thanks.

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 22:22
Spanish
+ ...
Decline answer Nov 25, 2005

Hello Philippe,

You can decline each of the answers provided (there's a button for that at the bottom of each answer), that way you won't be prompt to close your question. But remember, the KudoZ system is basically an open glossary, the answerers took their time trying to help a colegue, even if you found the answer somewhere else you could choose the "answer that was most helpful", even if you won't use it in your translation.

It would also be a good thing if you en
... See more
Hello Philippe,

You can decline each of the answers provided (there's a button for that at the bottom of each answer), that way you won't be prompt to close your question. But remember, the KudoZ system is basically an open glossary, the answerers took their time trying to help a colegue, even if you found the answer somewhere else you could choose the "answer that was most helpful", even if you won't use it in your translation.

It would also be a good thing if you enter the term in your personal glossaries, that way you'll contribute to the glossaries and earn 10 BrowniZ.

Warm regards,

Claudia
Collapse

Angus Woo
Angus Woo
Local time: 11:22
Chinese to English
+ ...
The most helpful does not necessarily have to be the correct one. Nov 25, 2005

Caliaa wrote:
But remember, the KudoZ system is basically an open glossary, the answerers took their time trying to help a colegue, even if you found the answer somewhere else you could choose the "answer that was most helpful", even if you won't use it in your translation.

It would also be a good thing if you enter the term in your personal glossaries, that way you'll contribute to the glossaries and earn 10 BrowniZ.

Warm regards,

Claudia

As long as there is an answer that helps, in my view I think you should grade it.¡@After all, the system is not asking you to pick the right answer, just the most helpful one. Even if you have found the answer somewhere else. All the co-answerers and anyone who might search for the same term in the future would also appreciate it if you could enter the term for their sake.

BTW, like Claudia said, it gives you 10 Brownize.

[Edited at 2005-11-27 01:58]

Levan Namoradze
Levan Namoradze  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 07:22
Member (2005)
English to Georgian
+ ...
Agree Nov 25, 2005

Angus Woo wrote:

Caliaa wrote:
But remember, the KudoZ system is basically an open glossary, the answerers took their time trying to help a colegue, even if you found the answer somewhere else you could choose the "answer that was most helpful", even if you won't use it in your translation.

Warm regards,

Claudia

As long as there is an answer that helps, in my view I think you should grade it. Even if you have found the answer somewhere else. All the co-answerers and anyone who might search for the same term in the future would also appreciate it if you could enter the term for their sake.

BTW, like Claudia said, it gives you 10 Brownize.

Yes, if I were you, I'll grade it.

chica nueva
chica nueva
Local time: 15:22
Chinese to English
It must be there... Nov 25, 2005

That option must still be there, because we have someone in our pair (English->Chinese) who sometimes uses it.

PFB (X)
PFB (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:22
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everyone! Nov 25, 2005

for your info and your comments

Gina W
Gina W
United States
Local time: 23:22
Member (2003)
French to English
I should hope this option is still there Nov 25, 2005

I know that some people disagree with this option, but I support it. I have used it probably not even 5 times in the past but it was my right to use it then. I would not favor any kind of change that eliminated this option, even if I haven't had to use this in months and may not use it again for months or years.

Cristina Heraud-van Tol
Cristina Heraud-van Tol  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 22:22
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I also have that problem sometimes... Nov 26, 2005

I don't know why, but I think it's still due to the New BETA View of Kudoz under test. What you have to do, in order for that option to appear on your screen, is to change from Beta View to V3 View (the previous one) or viceversa, if you are using the V3. It's just a click on a small red sentence right under the menus. Change to the other version, either newer or older, then grade without closing, and then you can go back again to the version you were using. I hope it helps!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Closing a Question Without Grading

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »