Thread poster: Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:22
English to Russian
+ ...
Nov 29, 2005

The box is just too small. Would it be possible to add a few lines to it? Thanks in advance!

Gayle Wallimann
Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
KudoZ answer box or ask the asker box? Nov 29, 2005

Hi Mikhail,

I am wondering if you don't mean the 'ask the asker' box. The KudoZ answer box seems almost infinite to me. Some answers go on and on, almost forever!

Gayle

Mikhail Kropotov
Germany
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No Nov 29, 2005

No, I am indeed talking about the little TEXT BOX where you can type your answer. Not the **text field** which holds the text you've already typed but the text box for typing your answer and any additions to it. It fits a measly 5 lines. For instance, the text box I'm typing in now is at least 25 lines long, so 90% of the time I can see my whole post as I am typing it. In Kudoz it's not that way, and it's extremely annoying.

Please vote for this modification if you agree with me... See more
No, I am indeed talking about the little TEXT BOX where you can type your answer. Not the **text field** which holds the text you've already typed but the text box for typing your answer and any additions to it. It fits a measly 5 lines. For instance, the text box I'm typing in now is at least 25 lines long, so 90% of the time I can see my whole post as I am typing it. In Kudoz it's not that way, and it's extremely annoying.

Please vote for this modification if you agree with me
Collapse

Gayle Wallimann
Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Box size Nov 29, 2005

Oh, I see, Mikhail. Even though the answer can be very long, you can only see a few lines at a time. I didn't understand, sorry. I agree that it is annoying to have such a small window to type in, and to have to scroll back and forth to see what has already been typed. This is the right forum that type of question, I did change the forum before, so Henry should see this. He is the moderator for this forum.

Gayle

Kevin Kelly
Kevin Kelly  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:22
Russian to English
+ ...
I vote for Mikhail's proposal... Nov 29, 2005

Good suggestion. Hope it's technically feasible.

Kevin

Hipyan Nopri
Hipyan Nopri  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 03:22
Member (2005)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
I agree with Mikhail Nov 30, 2005

Your suggestion sounds very good Mikhail. Indeed, for the sake of convenience the answer box should be able to display several lines at once. I think a box half as big as the topic body box within which I am writing now will do.
The answer box of that size will facilitate us in checking and editing our reply.

[Edited at 2005-11-30 02:52]

Fuad Yahya
Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
Here is my vote Nov 30, 2005

Mikhail Kropotov wrote:

the text box I'm typing in now is at least 25 lines long, so 90% of the time I can see my whole post as I am typing it. In Kudoz it's not that way, and it's extremely annoying.

Please vote for this modification if you agree with me

Indeed, what is good for forum posts is good for KudoZ answers.

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Seconded Nov 30, 2005

I was thinking about this same thing recently when I was writing a lengthy "Neutral" comment to another member's answer, detailing my thoughts on the matter. More lines in all the KudoZ dialogs would be great.

Benjamin

Mikhail Kropotov
Germany
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your support Nov 30, 2005

Thanks for all the votes. I'm not a web programmer but I'm pretty sure it's not too diffucult a change to implement.

Thanks in advance to Proz staff for listening

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please expand the text box for typing one's answer to a Kudoz question

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »