Thread poster: Vito Smolej

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 00:51
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Dec 8, 2005

One does need now and then non-Western ISO characters (g). Feel stupid, having to use for instance the German cop-out combination "tsch", when I mean the character Č (ci in ciao).

The comment applies of course to the whole class of ProZ messages and windows for them

- I know it's not that easy;) -

Regards

smo

Direct link Reply with quote

Rachel Ward  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:51
German to English
+ ...
Firefox problems Dec 9, 2005

Vito Smolej wrote:

One does need now and then non-Western ISO characters (g). Feel stupid, having to use for instance the German cop-out combination "tsch", when I mean the character Č (ci in ciao).

The comment applies of course to the whole class of ProZ messages and windows for them

- I know it's not that easy;) -

Regards

smo

I've never had difficulties with this before, as I've used the ascii (sp?) codes, but since we got firefox I can't get an "o", "A" or "U"+ umlaut this way. When I get as far as "alt+14" it jumps back a page. ä, Ö, ü, ß still work and the French characters seem fine. Does anyone have any advice?

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
see next entry Dec 10, 2005

[Edited at 2005-12-10 17:12]

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The cotext of the question were Kudos entry forms.... Dec 10, 2005

here's a nice selection of the kind of characters I was talking about:

Düdl dödl dädl

Žive na vsi narodi,
ki hrepene dočakat dan

They display OK here (and I'm using FireFox).

My problem is in Kudos sessions - there they dont. I guess to solve the problem it would just take a straighforward update with this entry form (and of course the 16bit tail behind it, to paraphrase Alice).

Which, btw, may have happened already.

ThX

smo

[Edited at 2005-12-10 17:14]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

what about Unicode...

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs