Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 22:11
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Dec 8, 2005

One does need now and then non-Western ISO characters (g). Feel stupid, having to use for instance the German cop-out combination "tsch", when I mean the character Č (ci in ciao).

The comment applies of course to the whole class of ProZ messages and windows for them

- I know it's not that easy;) -

Regards

smo

Rachel Ward
Rachel Ward  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:11
German to English
+ ...
Firefox problems Dec 9, 2005

Vito Smolej wrote:

One does need now and then non-Western ISO characters (g). Feel stupid, having to use for instance the German cop-out combination "tsch", when I mean the character Č (ci in ciao).

The comment applies of course to the whole class of ProZ messages and windows for them

- I know it's not that easy;) -

Regards

smo

I've never had difficulties with this before, as I've used the ascii (sp?) codes, but since we got firefox I can't get an "o", "A" or "U"+ umlaut this way. When I get as far as "alt+14" it jumps back a page. ä, Ö, ü, ß still work and the French characters seem fine. Does anyone have any advice?

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
see next entry Dec 10, 2005

[Edited at 2005-12-10 17:12]

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
The cotext of the question were Kudos entry forms.... Dec 10, 2005

here's a nice selection of the kind of characters I was talking about:

Düdl dödl dädl

Žive na vsi narodi,
ki hrepene dočakat dan

They display OK here (and I'm using FireFox).

My problem is in Kudos sessions - there they dont. I guess to solve the problem it would just take a straighforward update with this entry form (and of course the 16bit tail behind it, to paraphrase Alice).

Which, btw, may have happe
... See more
here's a nice selection of the kind of characters I was talking about:

Düdl dödl dädl

Žive na vsi narodi,
ki hrepene dočakat dan

They display OK here (and I'm using FireFox).

My problem is in Kudos sessions - there they dont. I guess to solve the problem it would just take a straighforward update with this entry form (and of course the 16bit tail behind it, to paraphrase Alice).

Which, btw, may have happened already.

ThX

smo

[Edited at 2005-12-10 17:14]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

what about Unicode...

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »