I receive in mail my own KudoZ questions
Thread poster: Kristine Sprula (Lielause)
Kristine Sprula (Lielause)
Kristine Sprula (Lielause)  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 16:00
Member (2005)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Apr 14, 2006

I wonder does everybody receive notification of their own newly posted KudoZ questions? Not as a confimation of the question but as a question to be answered.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:00
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
I do Apr 14, 2006

but only when I ask questions in my own language pairs and working fields.
And I think this should be common - you get (if you selected that) notifications for questions in your language pairs, so you will be also notified about your own question.

Regards
Jerzy

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:00
English to German
Yes we do Apr 14, 2006

If your e-mail preferences are configured to receive that particular type of question, you are notified as a potential answerer too (which means you get two notifications for the same question, one as the asker, and one as a potential answerer).

This is not really logical, but I guess it saves some programming that would be needed to filter out that notification. No one would really contemplate answering their own question just because of that notification anyway...
See more
If your e-mail preferences are configured to receive that particular type of question, you are notified as a potential answerer too (which means you get two notifications for the same question, one as the asker, and one as a potential answerer).

This is not really logical, but I guess it saves some programming that would be needed to filter out that notification. No one would really contemplate answering their own question just because of that notification anyway.

Endre
Collapse

Erik Hansson
Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Swedish
+ ...
Part of the system Apr 14, 2006

Hi Kristine,

This is a part of the system and, as Endre stated, not very logical. I have been wondering for a while if this couldn't be solved quite easily, just by programming the system regarding to the principle "send NOT question to same address as asker's address" regardless if this asker has showed his/her willingness to answer questions in this pair and in this field. AFAIK it's just a matter of setting up the priority in the system

It's of course not a major pro
... See more
Hi Kristine,

This is a part of the system and, as Endre stated, not very logical. I have been wondering for a while if this couldn't be solved quite easily, just by programming the system regarding to the principle "send NOT question to same address as asker's address" regardless if this asker has showed his/her willingness to answer questions in this pair and in this field. AFAIK it's just a matter of setting up the priority in the system

It's of course not a major problem, just one little extra mail which can be deleted in a second.

Kind regards
Erik

Erik Hansson ( SFÖ )
Technical translator DE-SV
Hansson Übersetzungen GmbH
Am Birkenwäldchen 38
D-01900 Bretnig-Hauswalde, Germany
Phone +49 - 3 59 52 - 321 07
Fax +49 - 3 59 52 - 322 02
E-Mail [email protected]
Internet www.hansson.de
Internet www.technical-translators.net
Internet www.wintitus.de
ProZ profile http://www.proz.com/pro/21654
Collapse

Kristine Sprula (Lielause)
Kristine Sprula (Lielause)  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 16:00
Member (2005)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to everybody! Apr 14, 2006

It's of course not a major problem, just one little extra mail which can be deleted in a second.

That's true. Not a problem at all

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I receive in mail my own KudoZ questions

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »