Can Kudoz language selection be modified?
Thread poster: Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.
Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.
Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:28
Chinese to English
+ ...
Jun 15, 2006

Hi,
I don't know if this is possible (well, I know it's technically possible from a database programming point of view, but I don't know if it's considered desirable)...

When I go to the KudoZ page, right now I get a drop-down menu asking me for the one language combination I want to view questions for. What I'd like is a way to use checkboxes instead, or a multiple selection using CTL perhaps, so that I can view, say, Chinese>English AND English>Chinese questions at once, wit
... See more
Hi,
I don't know if this is possible (well, I know it's technically possible from a database programming point of view, but I don't know if it's considered desirable)...

When I go to the KudoZ page, right now I get a drop-down menu asking me for the one language combination I want to view questions for. What I'd like is a way to use checkboxes instead, or a multiple selection using CTL perhaps, so that I can view, say, Chinese>English AND English>Chinese questions at once, without having to view the other language combinations I'm signed up for.

I guess the point is that for those with more than one language listed as a working language, we might not want to "play KudoZ" in all those combinations either ever or on any given day. I work in Spanish but I'm not very good with Spanish terms so I don't usually play in Spanish, but I occasionally drop in and look at the Chinese questions in both directions if work is a bit boring that day. It would be faster and easier to be able to view all the combinations I want to see at one time.

Don't know if anyone else would support that or not, but I thought I'd make the suggestion.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can Kudoz language selection be modified?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »