Threshold for being able to delete questions - 50 points or 500? [Mod: 500 points]
Thread poster: Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:45
French to English
+ ...
Jun 28, 2006

In the FAQ it states that members with over 500 KudoZ points may be given the right to squash questions - in the article in the Knowledgebase this threshold is given as 50. Which is correct?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-06-28 16:15]

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:45
Member (2003)
German to French
Not possible anymore Jun 28, 2006

Hi,

AFAIK, this option was suppressed with the implementation of the new Kudoz design. I once had this right, but the button has disappeared since I switched to the new design (which is now standard).

Sylvain

[Edited at 2006-06-28 12:02]

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
It is 500 Jun 28, 2006

Hi Angela and Sylvain,

In the new system, members with over 500 points may be invited to become editors. They need to pass a short test first. I hope this FAQ will clarify the issue better.

Regards,
Özden

[Edited at 2006-06-28 13:24]

Angela Dickson (X)
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Özden Jun 28, 2006

That's the FAQ I was referring to in my question - it does not agree with the knowledgebase article, so perhaps the latter should be amended?

Özden Arıkan
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
Angela, can you please publish the link of the article? Jun 28, 2006

So that it could be corrected?

Thanks,
Ö.

Angela Dickson wrote:

That's the FAQ I was referring to in my question - it does not agree with the knowledgebase article, so perhaps the latter should be amended?

Angela Dickson (X)
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
here Jun 28, 2006

http://www.proz.com/translation-articles/articles/94/1/KudoZ---deciding-when-to-squash-a-question

Özden Arıkan
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
Alerted Henry of the thread and article Jun 28, 2006

Thanks for bringing this up, Angela.

BR,
Özden

Andy Watkinson
Andy Watkinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
They need to pass a short test first Jun 28, 2006

Hi Özden,

Could you tell us where to find this please?
I've looked through the entire article and nowhere is this "short test" to be found.

Thanks,
Andy

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
The "latter"... Jun 28, 2006

Angela Dickson wrote:

AFAIK, was based on the circumstance that there are language combinations in which the total number of questions asked are very rare, and high-pointers seldom reach 500. Let's wait for Henry to explain how squashing or editing rights may be granted in such a situation.

Özden Arıkan
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
Update Jun 29, 2006

Hi all,

The article in question has now been amended.
Application for the test is usually made upon invitation by staff or SC moderators. But I'm afraid the function is missing on the new profiles. I'll update you again when I find out.

Regards,
Özden

Angela Dickson (X)
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Jun 29, 2006

Given what Parrot said earlier, I hope this doesn't start a dispute! Just wanted to establish what the rules were.

Thanks, everyone.

Özden Arıkan
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
No dispute Jun 29, 2006

Parrot is right. It was made 50 for smaller SCs for a while, but then changed back to a universal 500, underlying assumption being that, in small SCs where it would take a long time to collect 500 points, the need for editors would not be that big.

The final update is, if you have at least 500 Kudoz points and are interested in being an editor, you can submit a Support Ticket.

... See more
Parrot is right. It was made 50 for smaller SCs for a while, but then changed back to a universal 500, underlying assumption being that, in small SCs where it would take a long time to collect 500 points, the need for editors would not be that big.

The final update is, if you have at least 500 Kudoz points and are interested in being an editor, you can submit a Support Ticket.

HTH

Best,
Özden
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Threshold for being able to delete questions - 50 points or 500? [Mod: 500 points]

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »