Mobile menu

Suggestion for KudoZ layout
Thread poster: Ruxi

German to Romanian
+ ...
Jan 4, 2007

As I encountered more times lately some problems, I would like to suggest another, more appropriate layout for KudoZ.
As it is know, the form is very rigid and does not allow people to comment together on a possible solution.
Many times there is a hard question, with no clear possible answer and people (answerers and askers) would like to change ideas and comments, in order to find an apporpriate solution.
It is not about giving an answer and giving or receiving points for it (like in school), but to find an appropriate solution for a translation.
KudoZ should be and sometimes even becomes a brainstorming on a certain term. But in a brainstorming people need to communicate, to defend and explain their idea aso.
So I think the most appropriate layout for KudoZ would be something like a chat, where people may come in and communicate, even if not being simultanously online.
The final solution may be written in a special colour in order to be seen.
For the time being you can only write an answer and eventually communicate with the others (but only within a very few characters) on "ask asker" or in the "agree" line.
I sometimes even feel more appropriate to talk about a term in the forum, but often moderators say: "put the question on KudoZ". Well in certain situation you feel like talking with others on the certain term, about its meaning, translation, or ortography, or even origin aso.
KudoZ is not a "good for anything" tool, but only for a simple translation of a term and not more.

Direct link Reply with quote

Darin Fitzpatrick  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2006)
German to English
Why not use forum? Jan 5, 2007

Why not allow this sort of in-depth discussion on a language forum?

United States
Local time: 20:54
French to English
Interesting idea Jan 7, 2007

And I see your points, but I would not be in favor of such a change.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion for KudoZ layout

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs