Thread poster: Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 15:27
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 11, 2007

I've asked a not-for-points question a while ago and now reveived an e-mail asking me to close my question.

How do I do it?
- In "Note to the answerer"?
- In "Close without grading"?

Thanks in advance.
Ivana

Gayle Wallimann
Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:27
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Close without grading Jan 11, 2007

Hi Ivana,

If the question was not for points, click on close without grading, but you may thank those who helped answer your question.

Gayle

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 10:27
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Check the link Jan 11, 2007

Hi Ivana

You might be having (experiencing) a little bug I noticed whe I was in your situation.

Check the link of the notification and remove everything after the kudoz number, then refresh. You should be able to see "chose the most helpful answer" or something like that.

Claudia

sarahjeanne (X)
sarahjeanne (X)
Brazil
Local time: 11:27
Portuguese to English
+ ...
it happened to me... Jan 11, 2007

this same thing happened to me. i kept getting emails to close the question and award points but when i tried to award points it wouldn't let me. (i believe the points were supposed to go to whoever had the most agrees, but since there were no agrees...) i ended up just closing it without awarding points.

Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 08:27
German to English
Awarding points Jan 11, 2007

Sarah Johnson wrote:

(i believe the points were supposed to go to whoever had the most agrees, but since there were no agrees...) i ended up just closing it without awarding points.

Hi Sarah - I don't know the solution to this particular question closing problem, but I do want to point out that points are not "supposed to go to whoever had the most agrees" - the points are supposed to go to the person whose answer was most helpful to you. If none of the answers was helpful, then you can close without grading.

Best wishes, Kim

[Edited at 2007-01-11 15:13]

[Edited at 2007-01-11 15:14]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to close a not-for-points question

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »