Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
KudoZ.NET - Question and thanks!
Thread poster: José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)
José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)
José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 15:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 2, 2002

Hola,

Hermann, many thanks for your efforts and work. A good tool is now being Beta Tested by us. Nice going, Henry

I dowloaded it and tried to run it to get an error msg on the screen:

Kudoznet provocó un error fatal en FM20.DLL (fatal error in FM20.DLL)

Have Windows Me...

Have I done something wrong?

Ciao for now,... See more
Hola,

Hermann, many thanks for your efforts and work. A good tool is now being Beta Tested by us. Nice going, Henry

Have Windows Me...

Ciao for now,

JL

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-12-02 09:31 ]
Collapse

Patricia Posadas
Patricia Posadas  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
Download failed Dec 2, 2002

Win 98

I expect all this will be Okay in a few hours, José Luis \'Spicy Curry\' , we\'ll have to be patient.

But I think the idea is great!

Elías Sauza
Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 12:49
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
KudoZ.net error messages Dec 2, 2002

I tried KudoZ.Net time ago. I received the .exe file, downloaded it to my PC, tried it several times but never worked. I submitted the installation report to ProZ.com and was told that the installation had been flawless. However, I kept getting an error message telling me that the server(s)had not received any request.

Elías Sauza

JCEC
JCEC  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:49
English to French
Sorry Henry ! Dec 2, 2002

I installed KudoZ.net this morning. The installation went fine but the application returns an error with the splash screen and that is the end of it.

I am running Windows 2000. The message mentions an error log but I can\'t find it.

Good Luck,

John

williamson (X)
williamson (X)
Local time: 20:49
Dutch to English
+ ...
Kudoz.net and Filemaker 5.5 Dec 2, 2002

I have Filemaker 5.5 installed. Downloaded Kudoz.net. When you click the download it activates Filemaker. Filemaker then prompts to make a filemakerfile. Is it the intention to create a Filemakerfile and to import Kudozdata in Filemaker?

Is there an \"how to\" of Kudoz.net available somewhere?

Pee Eff (X)
Pee Eff (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Wow! Dec 2, 2002

Now that is one great tool! I just read about it this morning and went straight to downloading it. There was no trouble at all installing and setting it up (under Windows XP Home). It works just fine, even though it\'s a beta version!

Well, I think this tools might finally convince me to upgrade to Platinum once it can only be used by Platinum members....

Great work, Henry and everybody else involved! This i
... See more
Now that is one great tool! I just read about it this morning and went straight to downloading it. There was no trouble at all installing and setting it up (under Windows XP Home). It works just fine, even though it\'s a beta version!

Well, I think this tools might finally convince me to upgrade to Platinum once it can only be used by Platinum members....

Great work, Henry and everybody else involved! This is a real added value!

Best regards!

Patrick
Collapse

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
English to German
Installation problems Dec 2, 2002

Hello, KudoZ.net users,

thank you very much for downloading and testing the KudoZ.NET program.

I am sorry that some of you had problems to make the client run smoothly on your system. However, your problems were all very different in kind. In some cases the download does not seeem to have been completed successfully, in some case the installation did not work, in same other cases the program does not seem to connect to the server properly.

... See more
Hello, KudoZ.net users,

thank you very much for downloading and testing the KudoZ.NET program.

I am sorry that some of you had problems to make the client run smoothly on your system. However, your problems were all very different in kind. In some cases the download does not seeem to have been completed successfully, in some case the installation did not work, in same other cases the program does not seem to connect to the server properly.

For this reason I will contact each one of you who has reported a bug individually and try to solve the problem.

Best regards

Herman
Collapse

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)
Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
JL - It works OK for me with WinME Dec 2, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-12-02 09:30, Pepelu wrote:

Hola,

H... See more
Quote:

On 2002-12-02 09:30, Pepelu wrote:

Hola,

Have Windows Me...

Ciao for now,

JL

Hi guys!

JL - FYI: I just installed it on one of my systems (with WinME) and it works fine. Were all your other programs shut-down when you did the installation? Just wondering as sometimes we forget to shut down something...

Try to uninstall it, do a full reboot and re-install. Let me know if you get the same problem. I will install it on my back up PC which also has WinME and see if it gives me problems on that one or not.

( UPDATE: KudozNet installed just fine on my second computer, which has WinME - no problems at all... I just need a question now! )

Now, I just need an actual question to ask and test it out all the way to the end!

I have no questions at the moment for Kudoz, but I will keep you posted.

I like the interface (Great job Hermann!) and everything looks fine so far...

Cheers,

Nathalie

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-12-02 18:01 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-12-02 18:23 ]Collapse

René VINCHON (X)
René VINCHON (X)  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
Works quite fine here on Windows 98 SE Dec 2, 2002

I\'ve installed KudozNet on my computer. Everything went OK. I downloaded questions. Great!

Not tried to answer yet.

Some bugs:

- in help, the links on the right are not working (sorry, my poor english)

- every time I download questions, I\'m asked to install the update 1.01. Tried two times, it seems to be installed, but still 1.0 on launch screen, and still asking me again to download it.

I will send specific feedback forms.
... See more
I\'ve installed KudozNet on my computer. Everything went OK. I downloaded questions. Great!

Not tried to answer yet.

Some bugs:

- in help, the links on the right are not working (sorry, my poor english)

- every time I download questions, I\'m asked to install the update 1.01. Tried two times, it seems to be installed, but still 1.0 on launch screen, and still asking me again to download it.

I will send specific feedback forms.

BUT GO FOR IT.

René
Collapse

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
English to German
Problems with automatic updates Dec 2, 2002

Hello René,

thanks for testing the KudoZ.NET program.

There is a little bug in version 1.00 which causes this problem.

Please do the following to install version 1.01:

(1) Close the KudoZ.NET program

(2) Launch the Task Manager (press Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and close any KudoZ.NET tasks/programs which might still be active.

(3) Go to the KudoZ.NET programm directory. In the su
... See more
Hello René,

thanks for testing the KudoZ.NET program.

There is a little bug in version 1.00 which causes this problem.

Please do the following to install version 1.01:

(1) Close the KudoZ.NET program

(2) Launch the Task Manager (press Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and close any KudoZ.NET tasks/programs which might still be active.

(3) Go to the KudoZ.NET programm directory. In the sub-directory \"downloads\" you should find the file \"KudoZnet_Update.exe\"

(4) Please execute this program and follow the instructions. Then version 1.01 should be ready to use.

Best regards

Hermann
Collapse

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)
Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Can't download the update to version 1.1 Dec 2, 2002

Good evening Hermann,

I have version 1.0 and I am able to use it so far without any problems (downloaded questions from the board etc)...

But, then the program tells me that there is an update to version 1.1 and when I click on ok to proceed with the download, about half-way through, I get an error message saying that the download failed (yet it was not completed).

I can\'t get any further, so I am stuck with version 1.0 at the momen
... See more
Good evening Hermann,

I have version 1.0 and I am able to use it so far without any problems (downloaded questions from the board etc)...

But, then the program tells me that there is an update to version 1.1 and when I click on ok to proceed with the download, about half-way through, I get an error message saying that the download failed (yet it was not completed).

I can\'t get any further, so I am stuck with version 1.0 at the moment.

Many thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this little problem

I like the program so far, excellent work Hermann!

PD. I also tried to shut down all the related KudozNet programs running in the backgrownd while trying to get the update and this does not work either.

Cheers,

Nathalie

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-12-02 23:01 ]
Collapse

René VINCHON (X)
René VINCHON (X)  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
Update OK Dec 3, 2002

Hello Hermann,

I followed your instructions and I\'m now in version 1.01

Concerning the bug in Help, still there: I explain a little more. For example, i click Help, then Installation. On the right of the screen, I have three \"buttons\", the first is \"Requirements\", if i click on it, noting happens. Same for the others. I have to click on the + sign, on the left on the screen besides \"Installation\", to develop and then clicking on Requirements, alwa
... See more
Hello Hermann,

I followed your instructions and I\'m now in version 1.01

Concerning the bug in Help, still there: I explain a little more. For example, i click Help, then Installation. On the right of the screen, I have three \"buttons\", the first is \"Requirements\", if i click on it, noting happens. Same for the others. I have to click on the + sign, on the left on the screen besides \"Installation\", to develop and then clicking on Requirements, always on the left, give me the subject.

Other bug: on some places, clicking on some things (for example \"I\" on top of Answer), give me, after the question, the message \"Microsoft Forms\" in French: \"impossible de charger l\'objet car il n\'est pas disponible sur la machine\".

The download goes well in Kudoznet. I only get the questions I ask for (languages pairs, status). But as stated by many others, I now receive in my mail box questions from other pairs (2 questions in FR-SP, where I\'m not registered).

I will send report forms later, too busy now!

Good work!

René

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-12-03 14:11 ]
Collapse

williamson (X)
williamson (X)
Dutch to English
+ ...
What about Kudoz.net and Filemaker Dec 3, 2002

Why does Kudoz.net activates Filemaker?

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:49
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Version 1.01 Dec 3, 2002

Hello, Hermann.

I tried to follow your instructions for downloading the 1.01 update, but unlike René, I could not do so because there is no \"KudoZnet_Update.exe\" (or anything else) in my \"Downloads\" subdirectory.

Gianfranco Zecchino
Gianfranco Zecchino  Identity Verified
German to Italian
+ ...
Installation not possible Dec 3, 2002

Lieber Hermann,

I\'m sure you\'re overwhelmed by a \"tsunami\" of letters. I\'m sorry to add some water to it, but I\'ve just donwloaded KudozNet and tried to install it, with the only result of getting the following message from the system (I have Windows98 2nd Ed.):

\"downloadable.exe ist keine zulässige Win32-Anwendung\"

What shall I do?

Danke für deine Bemühungen.

... See more
Lieber Hermann,

I\'m sure you\'re overwhelmed by a \"tsunami\" of letters. I\'m sorry to add some water to it, but I\'ve just donwloaded KudozNet and tried to install it, with the only result of getting the following message from the system (I have Windows98 2nd Ed.):

\"downloadable.exe ist keine zulässige Win32-Anwendung\"

What shall I do?

Danke für deine Bemühungen.

Gianfranco
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ.NET - Question and thanks!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »