No KudoZ notices recently
Thread poster: jsl (X)
jsl (X)
jsl (X)
Local time: 14:52
English to Japanese
+ ...
Dec 12, 2002

I have not received KudoZ notices recently. As far as I see the currently posted questions, it seems that I have not received notices regarding all the questions posted after 1:00 p.m. (in the time zone used by KudoZ, maybe GMT?). Since I am a Platinum member, KudoZ notices will be sent earlier than other members (by a new server), but it is a bit strange that I have not received notices of questions that were submitted 4 or 5 hours ago.

Is this only my problem (or problem
... See more
I have not received KudoZ notices recently. As far as I see the currently posted questions, it seems that I have not received notices regarding all the questions posted after 1:00 p.m. (in the time zone used by KudoZ, maybe GMT?). Since I am a Platinum member, KudoZ notices will be sent earlier than other members (by a new server), but it is a bit strange that I have not received notices of questions that were submitted 4 or 5 hours ago.

Is this only my problem (or problems in my ISP) or is this a system-wide problem?

Thanks.

Collapse

Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 23:52
German to English
I'm in the same boat Dec 13, 2002

daisuke, and I suppose it\'s a general problem. I sent in a report so let\'s hope it gets resolved soon.

Kim

swisstell
swisstell
Italy
Local time: 07:52
German to English
+ ...
must be a problem at Proz HQ Dec 13, 2002

and they actually should make some kind of announcement if it IS a problem there. I have not received any email today whatsoever, no agrees, no disagrees, no congratulations, nothing, period. Therefore, I do not know either whether my input is reaching the askers.

jsl (X)
jsl (X)
Local time: 14:52
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
recovered Dec 13, 2002

It seems that the system is back. In fact, I got a bunch of notices after the recovery.

However, I agree with e-rich to the idea of announcements.

Fiona N�voa
Fiona N�voa
Portugal
Local time: 06:52
Member (2003)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
no emails Dec 13, 2002

Yes, I had the same problem. It seems to have been sorted out now, though. I also think we should be informed if there is a problem - I don\'t think it\'s too much to ask!

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 01:52
SITE STAFF
Email Problems Dec 13, 2002

Between 13:00 and 23:30 GMT on Dec. 12, 2002, many users did not receive email notifications. This was due to a temporary work-around that was supposed to improve email performance while we worked on the new mail system. Obviously, that backfired.

Beginning Friday, Dec. 13 at 17:00 GMT we will be rolling out the first stage of our new mail system. This should begin to resolve the various mail problems that have been plaguing us for so long.

I a
... See more
Between 13:00 and 23:30 GMT on Dec. 12, 2002, many users did not receive email notifications. This was due to a temporary work-around that was supposed to improve email performance while we worked on the new mail system. Obviously, that backfired.

Beginning Friday, Dec. 13 at 17:00 GMT we will be rolling out the first stage of our new mail system. This should begin to resolve the various mail problems that have been plaguing us for so long.

I apologize for any inconvenience this email outage has caused.

jg

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-12-13 17:00 ]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No KudoZ notices recently

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »