Mobile menu

How Can I Receive E-Mail Notification for Kudoz Queries in Another Language Direction?
Thread poster: Julianne Rowland

Julianne Rowland  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:01
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
May 4, 2007

Hi,

I work into from German, French, and Italian into English only, but I would like to receive e-mail notifications for Kudoz queries from English into these three languages, too.

I looked on the Kudoz dashboard, and it seems that e-mail preferences can be set only for my specific working-language pairs.

Does anyone know if it is possible to set this up and if so, how? If it's not possible at the present time, I would like to suggest that this be made an option on the Kudoz dashboard.

TIA. Julianne

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:01
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...
Hi Julianne May 4, 2007

You should add these languages to your profile as "languages of interest". Go to your profile page, click the 'edit languages' button, edit the languages/pairs you wish and then hide them. Hiding means that these languages are not shown in your profile as working but you would be able to add notifications for them at the dashboard.

HTH,
Natalia

United States
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Natalie. May 4, 2007

Thanks for your help, Natalie.

I find that I learn a lot from some of the queries that come up in the opposite language directions, so I'm glad to be able to receive e-mail notification.

Best regards,

Julianne

GoodWords  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 22:01
Spanish to English
+ ...
Monolingual pair(s) May 4, 2007

You may also wish to add (at least) the monolingual pair English-English as a language of interest. Activity in this combination gives you an opportunity to help speakers of many different languages to sort their problems with tricky English terms and expressions, if you're interested.

United States
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, GoodWords. May 4, 2007

That's a great suggestion!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How Can I Receive E-Mail Notification for Kudoz Queries in Another Language Direction?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs