How Can I Receive E-Mail Notification for Kudoz Queries in Another Language Direction?
Thread poster: Julianne Rowland
Julianne Rowland
Julianne Rowland  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:52
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
May 4, 2007

Hi,

I work into from German, French, and Italian into English only, but I would like to receive e-mail notifications for Kudoz queries from English into these three languages, too.

I looked on the Kudoz dashboard, and it seems that e-mail preferences can be set only for my specific working-language pairs.

Does anyone know if it is possible to set this up and if so, how? If it's not possible at the present time, I would like to suggest that this be made a
... See more
Hi,

I work into from German, French, and Italian into English only, but I would like to receive e-mail notifications for Kudoz queries from English into these three languages, too.

I looked on the Kudoz dashboard, and it seems that e-mail preferences can be set only for my specific working-language pairs.

Does anyone know if it is possible to set this up and if so, how? If it's not possible at the present time, I would like to suggest that this be made an option on the Kudoz dashboard.

TIA. Julianne
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 00:52
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Julianne May 4, 2007

You should add these languages to your profile as "languages of interest". Go to your profile page, click the 'edit languages' button, edit the languages/pairs you wish and then hide them. Hiding means that these languages are not shown in your profile as working but you would be able to add notifications for them at the dashboard.

HTH,
Natalia

Julianne Rowland
United States
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Natalie. May 4, 2007

Thanks for your help, Natalie.

I find that I learn a lot from some of the queries that come up in the opposite language directions, so I'm glad to be able to receive e-mail notification.

Best regards,

Julianne

Margaret Schroeder
Margaret Schroeder  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:52
Spanish to English
+ ...
Monolingual pair(s) May 4, 2007

You may also wish to add (at least) the monolingual pair English-English as a language of interest. Activity in this combination gives you an opportunity to help speakers of many different languages to sort their problems with tricky English terms and expressions, if you're interested.

Julianne Rowland
United States
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, GoodWords. May 4, 2007

That's a great suggestion!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How Can I Receive E-Mail Notification for Kudoz Queries in Another Language Direction?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »