Thread poster: Heike Behl, Ph.D.
Craig Meulen
Craig Meulen  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:08
German to English
Good point: Jun 19, 2007

Heike Behl, Ph.D. wrote:

... And IMO, any kind of answer should be submitted in the proper answer box, even if it has been first suggested following a discussion in the "Ask asker" box, so that

- people have an opportunity to agree/disagree with it,
- the asker can award points properly, and - maybe the most important point -
- somebody looking up this question at a later point in time doesn't have to wade through a lengthy, unstructured discussion, but can get the most useful information glancing quickly over the provided answers and how they were received by the peers.

I agree with you entirely, and the third point you mak here is especially interesting - when I think about my KudoZ search habits I do just this - first look at all the answer entered and then at the Ask asker section.

So, just to re-emphasise your point, even the selfless 'non-point-grabbing' contributors that come up with an answer during a discussion should be encouraged to enter their answer as a separate answer.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

misuse of "Ask asker" function

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »