Ranking/KudoZ point totals - how exactly does it work?
Thread poster: Doris Marka
Doris Marka
Doris Marka  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:24
English to German
+ ...
Jan 10, 2003

Can anybody explain how the ranking concerning KudoZ point is working exactly? In the meantime I\'ve earned 18 points and are still listed with 4/12...do I have to modify my language settings in this concern?

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 06:24
SITE FOUNDER
Totals calculated once daily Jan 10, 2003

Welcome to ProZ.com and KudoZ!

The KudoZ point totals shown throughout the site are calculated once daily. The points shown on your profile page are calculated every time it is viewed. If you see a discrepancy, don\'t worry, things will be squared up.

Doris Marka
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Pros&Agencies Jan 10, 2003

thanks Henry, but I still don\'t understand the ranking in the section Pros & Agencies...The KudoZ points listed there beside every member should be the total of all points this member has earned in all language pairs, shouldn\'t it? I gave a closer look at some peoples\' sites but more or less the figures do show only a little part of the total points.

lim0nka
lim0nka  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:24
English to Polish
recalculating the KudoZ points totals Jan 10, 2003

Doris,

If you want to recalculate the total of your KudoZ points, try clicking the number of your KudoZ points (top left-hand corner, right below your name) -> you\'ll see the list of all your points, then \'BrowniZ\' (below your KudoZ points) and then \'home\'.

This usually helps.

Anetta

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 06:24
SITE FOUNDER
Two totals are shown in the Pros & Agencies section Jan 10, 2003

If you search for French to English translators, two KudoZ point totals will be shown: overall total, and total in French-to-English. Both total is as-of the day before.

Doris Marka
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks - that was what I was looking for Jan 10, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-01-10 15:47, Henry wrote:

If you search for French to English translators, two KudoZ point totals will be shown: overall total, and total in French-to-English. Both total is as-of the day before.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ranking/KudoZ point totals - how exactly does it work?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »