Thread poster: Sormane Fitzgerald Gomes

Sormane Fitzgerald Gomes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:00
Member (2004)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jun 20, 2007

I happened to click on my profile today and noticed that the number of "Questions Answered" in my profile had dropped to almost half. I submitted a ticket and the answer that I received (prompt answer I might add; quite an improvement there) was that the 'Questions Answered' counter now only counts PRO questions.

I checked to see if this had been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything right away. So, forgive me if it has.

I don't understand why this has been changed. In my opinion, answers to non-pro questions demonstrate knowledge of the language, as well as a willingness to help other colleagues. At the very least, I think they both (pro and non-pro Questions Answered) should be displayed in the profile.

I wonder how the other members/contributors feel about this. Thanks!

[Edited at 2007-06-20 21:29]

Direct link Reply with quote

Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 00:00
German to English
Questions answered Jun 20, 2007

Hi Sormane - My brain isn't working at full steam today, so I don't know if I understand what's going on either. But I think it has something to do with this thread.

http://www.proz.com/post/596296

Sormane Fitzgerald Gomes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:00
Member (2004)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Kim. Jun 20, 2007

Kim Metzger wrote:

Hi Sormane - My brain isn't working at full steam today, so I don't know if I understand what's going on either. But I think it has something to do with this thread.

http://www.proz.com/post/596296

Thank you Kim. I see why it was done, but I still think they both (pro and non-pro Questions Answered) should be displayed in the profile.

Johanna Timm, PhD  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:00
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Non-pro points Jun 20, 2007

Sormane Fitzgerald Gomes wrote:

... but I still think they both (pro and non-pro Questions Answered) should be displayed in the profile.

Hi Sormane!
They are still displayed in brackets under the tab "Point Totals".
Good to see you here!
johanna

Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:00
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Distorted Pro/Non-Pro ratio Jun 21, 2007

I happened to click on my profile today and noticed that the number of "Questions Answered" in my profile had dropped to almost half.

Hi Sormane,

The fact that the number of questions answered that appear in your profile "dropped to almost half" strongly suggests that many of your "Non-Pro" questions actually belong in the Pro category. Some reclassification might be in order...

Steffen

Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Non-PRO answers and KudoZ are still there... Jun 21, 2007

I think they both (pro and non-pro Questions Answered) should be displayed in the profile.

... but in your old profile, whilst before in the new profile we had counted only the number of answers to non-PRO-questions, but not the KudoZ, and the only reason of my post was to draw the attention of the staff to this incongruity.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

'Questions Answered' counter - Only PRO questions now

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs