Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Ungraded Questions Jan 21, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-01-20 19:15, willdlp wrote:

By the way how many ungraded questions is one allowed to have?

Kind Regards wildlp

Hi Will,

You\'ll find this varies according to subcommunity. I believe EnSp may be among the stricter ones, natural if you consider we have more members and more moderators. The u... See more
Quote:

On 2003-01-20 19:15, willdlp wrote:

By the way how many ungraded questions is one allowed to have?

Kind Regards wildlp

Hi Will,

You\'ll find this varies according to subcommunity. I believe EnSp may be among the stricter ones, natural if you consider we have more members and more moderators. The usual \"cleanup\" scenario consists of the member who posts questions to kingdom come, and the member(s) who stand up and cry \"foul\"! For the moderators, this is a question of resolving peaceful coexistence, so this may provoke warnings and blocks. Imagine a self-styled engineering expert posting 30 tech questions in 24 hours and you get a picture of what I\'m talking about.

This is what you might call the first level of damages. Now, imagine if that person doesn\'t close his questions. You go to the glossary and find his questions unresolved. We\'re supposed to be maintaining a glossary for common use, that\'s the reason we answer questions.

Corollary to this, there are experts on the site who systematically boycott this behavior. They remember their \"frequent flyers\". So repeating offenders tend to suffer a dip in the quality of responses.

Cecilia ▲ Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My \'10 Commandments\' for KudoZ users

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »