Mobile menu

Old KudoZ questions - how are they graded?
Thread poster: Csaba Ban

Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:56
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jan 21, 2003

I did a small and non-scientific search/survey on old KudoZ questions. My findings:

Pro questions are graded almost all the time. The ratio of unanswered questions is MUCH higher in the Easy category, especially in cases when (a) the asker is Anonymous, (b) not a Proz member, and (c) when the Kudoz question originates from another site.

In principle, Kudoz are automatically graded after a certain grace period, if there are at least 2 agrees. In principle, I mean. I have seen several old questions with only one answer and up to 10 agrees, but the automatic feature does not award any points.

A question and a request:

Does someone know the algorythm of automatically awarding KudoZ points (elapsed time period, number of anwers, etc.)?

If you have an idle 5 minutes, you can help increasing the graded ratio by adding some agrees in the case of old questions not yet graded (assuming the automatic feature will then award points).

Direct link Reply with quote

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Robot on strike Jan 21, 2003

at the very beginning the robot would grade automatically open questions (only two-week old questions). Jason has then changed the settings, so that for a time the robot has been grading all old open questions, provided (as Tayfun said) the difference was \"+ 2 agrees\". I haven\'t seen an automatically graded question for ages now and some other colleagues have reported this, too. The problem was then solved, if I recall correctly. I guess, our robot is on strike once more

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 02:56
agreeing / disagreeing will help Jan 23, 2003

An answer with the most \"net agrees\" (# of agrees - # of disagrees), and at least 2 \"net agrees\", can be autograded. Normally, the robot only looks for questions two weeks (to the day). Once in a while, we run it on all old questions.

So yes, Csaba, if people take the time to peer review good answers, old questions will be closed by the robot.

Renassans LS
German to Swedish
+ ...
The robot does its job... Jan 23, 2003

I actually got one of my answers auto-graded today. I had two agrees, but another suggestion also had two agrees. Yet I got the points. Can this be due to the fact that I gave my answer first?

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:56
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
"Plus 2 agrees" rule abandoned? Jan 23, 2003

I was awarded 4 points by the robot today for an answer to which I had 4 agrees, and there was another answer which also had 4 agrees. Has the rule changed? (Not that I am complaining...)

Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
English to German
Automatic grading Jan 24, 2003

Hello Jack, hello Jonas,

the explanation for the fact that your answer was graded is very simple: you gave the answer first!

This is the way it should be, at least. If you see cases where this is not true, please let us know!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Old KudoZ questions - how are they graded?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs