Thread poster: Andrei Albu

Andrei Albu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 13:58
English to Romanian
+ ...
Jan 24, 2003

Hi folks,

Has anyone had trouble with the KudoZ e-mail notifications for the past couple of days? Yesterday, for instance, I was notified of only about half of the questions in my language pairs, and today I have received none. And, trust me, plenty of questions were asked! Furthermore, my e-mail works fine, I can send and receive e-mails all right.

I would be grateful for any hints on what the problem might be and how it could be fixed.

Best wishes, Andrei.

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 06:58
SITE FOUNDER
We suspected a problem yesterday Jan 24, 2003

Hello Andrei,

We saw some irregularities yesterday in the email system. Could you point out, to jg@proz.com, one of the questions you should have received but did not?

TIA

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 12:58
German to Romanian
+ ...
I haven't received any KudoZ notifications today Jan 24, 2003

I received some peer comments and points awarded mails. I am also getting forums and jobs, but no KudoZ notifications, although several questions have been askeed that I should have been notified of.

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-01-24 13:12]

Andrei Albu  Identity Verified
Romania
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you... Jan 24, 2003

... for your prompt reply, Henry. I did as requested, and do hope things will be sorted out shortly.

Best wishes, Andrei.

Ilde Grimaldi  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:58
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
For me too, no Kudoz notification today Jan 24, 2003

the last EN->IT Kudoz notification I received is the following

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/349670

ciao

Ilde

Hi, I\'m a platinum member and for example I did not receive this one (link taken starting from the home page

http://www.proz.com/?sp=h&id=350022

Instead I received the recent Job notification

http://www.proz.com/job?id=31066

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-01-24 13:39]

Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Mass emails go through two different system; looking for volunteer debuggers Jan 24, 2003

Two systems are used to send emails.

One system sends emails immediately, interrupting a web page\'s loading (usually for an imperceptible period of time.) Emails sent this way include:

-------------

* Any email sent to just one person: KudoZ (dis)agrees, bids, job notes, emails sent via profile pages, etc.

* KudoZ notifications sent to platinum members

-------------

The other mailing system, appropriate for high volume messages, creates a queue which is processed in phases. Emails handled by this system include:

-------------

* All job notifications

* Forum tracking

* Blue Board mail

* KudoZ notifications sent to non-platinums

-------------

We are not aware of any problems in the first email system. If you are certain that you are not receiving emails of the second type, and are willing to go through an interactive process that may involve asking questions of your ISP, please write to jg@proz.com with a description of the problem. Please attach one email you have properly received, and then include a URL to a question or job you think you should have received but did not.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Maria Castro Valdez  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:58
Member (2002)
French to Spanish
+ ...
I missed a posting job notification! Jan 24, 2003

Hello Henry,

Andrei missed some Kudoz email notification. It´s really a pity! But I missed a posting job notification!!! And when I saw it at \"View Jobs\" it was already closed.

I´m very upset.

What´s going on?

Sorry about my english. I do my best.

María
[addsig]

jerrie  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:58
German to English
+ ...
First email category Jan 24, 2003

I believe that I would be in the first category email delivery system mentioned by Henry in this thread, and I have not been receiving language pair emails today, although I am receiving peer grade comments/job notifications/blue board enquiries etc.

Hope it is sorted soon!

Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Problem solved Jan 24, 2003

OK, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We have resolved the problem, which started about 14 hours ago. Just a stupid mistake by us.

Sorry for the inconvenience. To make sure you have not missed a job notification or KudoZ question, please browse the pages for recent jobs and KudoZ.

Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
I didn't receive some KudoZ questions email notifications Jan 25, 2003

TODAY - January 25.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I missed some KudoZ email notifications yesterday

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs