Alan Corbo, CT
Alan Corbo, CT  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 20:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 31, 2007

Hi,

It's me again. First of all, thank you for your answers to my last posting, the one about not getting too many job offers here at proz.com. One of the things I really like about this site how great everyone is, always willing to help and give advice. Thanks!!

Following one of your pieces of advice, I'm trying to get my KudoZ points up. I just have 8, but I guess everyone starts with just a few. My question is: why is it that my points do not appear in the ranking di
... See more
Hi,

It's me again. First of all, thank you for your answers to my last posting, the one about not getting too many job offers here at proz.com. One of the things I really like about this site how great everyone is, always willing to help and give advice. Thanks!!

Following one of your pieces of advice, I'm trying to get my KudoZ points up. I just have 8, but I guess everyone starts with just a few. My question is: why is it that my points do not appear in the ranking directory? In my home page it reads 8, but when I go to the English>>Spanish directory I'm on the last page with 0 in the column "KudoZ points in pair". Why is that happening? I must have made somekind of mistake, or there must be some option I didn't click.

Well, thanks in advance

Alan
Collapse

Antoinette Verburg
Antoinette Verburg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:09
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Points are in Spanish-English Aug 31, 2007

Hi Alan,

You haven't made any mistake. The thing is, you earned points in the Spanish-English language pair. "Pair" only refers to one direction, which in this case is Spanish > English.
Therefore, you will see those points in the Spanish-English freelancer directory only, not in the English-Spanish freelancer directory.

Kind regards,
Antoinette

William [Bill] Gray
William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 01:09
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
Hi Alan... Aug 31, 2007

It takes a few hours (days?) for your points to appear on the server which supplies info to the main pages. You can be patient, or you can do the following:

When you are on the "My KudoZ" page, there is an option (for members only) to "update my totals now (slow)". If you click this (sometimes you may need to do it twice), you will find your total updated when you return to your page. Don't forget to "Refresh" the page, though....
See more
It takes a few hours (days?) for your points to appear on the server which supplies info to the main pages. You can be patient, or you can do the following:

When you are on the "My KudoZ" page, there is an option (for members only) to "update my totals now (slow)". If you click this (sometimes you may need to do it twice), you will find your total updated when you return to your page. Don't forget to "Refresh" the page, though.

Welcome to "KudoZ-ing" (much better than normal dozing!)

Bill

OOps! I didn't read your comment carefully enough! Antoinette has given you a more appropriate response. Good luck, anyway.

[Edited at 2007-08-31 05:30]
Collapse

Jarnail Gill
Jarnail Gill  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 04:39
Member (2006)
English to Punjabi
+ ...
ranking is as per professional level points earned Sep 1, 2007

HI.......... There is one more thing for you to remember. Directory Ranking is as per the professional level points earned by you, so if the 8 points earned by you are not rated professional level points (you get professional level points for answering PRO rated questions) your ranking will not take them into account.

Best of luck,

- Jelly Gill

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ points ranking

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »