Mobile menu

My answer entered the glossary but I didn\'t get points
Thread poster: Cecilia Aguila

Cecilia Aguila
Local time: 08:42
English to Spanish
Mar 4, 2003

Hi all,

I\'m rather new on the site and didn\'t know it could happen. I mean, my Kudoz answer wasn\'t selected by the asker but it entered the glossary together with the selected one. Of course, I didn\'t get any points. I also think the other translator deserves the points but I just had no idea it was possible. I read the FAQs but didn\'t find anything of the sort. Probably it would be a good idea to include a word on that.

Anyway, thanks a lot for such a terrific and helpful site!

Ceci.

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 06:42
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
It usually happens Mar 4, 2003

Hello,

Don\'t worry too much about that, the same thing has certainly happened to many of us. Sometimes an asker considers that more than one answer is acceptable and it is very difficult to decide what answer to choose. In that case the he or she has to chose the faster answer or the one that has got better references or the most appropiate for his or her translation. But even then, it wouldn\'t be fair for other translators to simply ignore the others answers; so that\'s why there are two or more answers entered into the glossary. That\'s the main point of KudoZ, not to give points to other translators but to make us help each other.

Have a great week

Cali

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-03-04 18:49]

Cecilia Aguila
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Caliaa Mar 4, 2003

I know Kudoz main point is helping each other. I will certainly go on posting answers if I happen to have them

Thank you very much for answering.

C.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:42
English to German
+ ...
Glossary entries can be edited afterwards Mar 5, 2003

Hi Ceci,

You should also note that glossary entries can be (and are) changed afterwards, if necessary. Right now this can only be done by site moderators.

If you believe the wrong answer was chosen by the asker, contact the moderator for the language pair concerned - you will find the link at the end of each question, or in the list under \"Support\". There are two moderators for English>Spanish, BTW.

HTH - best regards, Ralf

Cecilia Aguila
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for explaining, Ralph Mar 5, 2003

I\'ll keep that in mind. Anyway, this time I think the two terms that entered the glossary are correct.

Thank you!

Ceci.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My answer entered the glossary but I didn\'t get points

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs