A Kudoz question is not my language pairs - Why?!
Thread poster: VIBOL KEO
VIBOL KEO
VIBOL KEO  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:07
Member (2009)
English to Khmer (Central)
Jan 30, 2008

An email message has come to me for a KudoZ question. Unfortunately, I find the text in Vietnamese rather than in Khmer. However, I could not find it via Proz.com. Do you know "Why"?!

[Edited at 2008-01-31 05:24]

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:07
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Most likely the asker made a mistake Jan 30, 2008

and chose the wrong language pair. Please contact any moderator and ask to correct the language pair in that question.

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:07
German to English
+ ...
Maybe you "flagged" the asker? Jan 31, 2008

If you "flag" someone (as opposed to "filtering" them), you will receive notification of every Q s/he asks, even in language combinations that are not your own.

I was surprised too the first few times it happened to me.

There's no solution to this yet, as far as I know.

But it's hardly that serious. There are a lot more urgent things to be sorted out on this site first (but bring patience).

See more
If you "flag" someone (as opposed to "filtering" them), you will receive notification of every Q s/he asks, even in language combinations that are not your own.

I was surprised too the first few times it happened to me.

There's no solution to this yet, as far as I know.

But it's hardly that serious. There are a lot more urgent things to be sorted out on this site first (but bring patience).

C
Collapse

VIBOL KEO
VIBOL KEO  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:07
Member (2009)
English to Khmer (Central)
TOPIC STARTER
A possible mistake/error and Patience Jan 31, 2008

Natalie and Cilian O'Tuama,

Your point of view and kind advice are reasonable and acceptable. Obviously, I used to learn Vietnamese as it was inserted in education programme for the senior high school.

Be revised that Cambodia had still been in a civil and chronic war at the time. Since then and especially from UNTAC time, I have never earned living and working with this language, but only English and my native one. My point of view is that the more languages I am
... See more
Natalie and Cilian O'Tuama,

Your point of view and kind advice are reasonable and acceptable. Obviously, I used to learn Vietnamese as it was inserted in education programme for the senior high school.

Be revised that Cambodia had still been in a civil and chronic war at the time. Since then and especially from UNTAC time, I have never earned living and working with this language, but only English and my native one. My point of view is that the more languages I am able to learn, the better ways we find as well. This is for only if I have an adequate time.

On the similar issue, I just answered a KudoZ question before this requestion has come to me that you may find its thread. I did it with Khmer Unicode but it is still not readable. Do you have any ideas to deal with? And, do you think there should be a moderator for my language pairs?

[Edited at 2008-01-31 05:23]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A Kudoz question is not my language pairs - Why?!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »