What does a red cross in a red circle next to someone's name mean?
Thread poster: Astrid Elke Witte

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:57
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Feb 8, 2008

I was looking through the list of Kudoz questions and, next to one asker's name in the list, there was a red cross in a red circle each time. This is new to me. What is the significance of this?

Astrid

Direct link Reply with quote

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 08:57
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
Incomplete profile? Feb 8, 2008

Hi Astrid,

Just a guess but I noticed a red cross in a circle next to my name today and when I went into my profile and added my rates - apparently the last outstanding section - the red cross changed to a green tick. So I m guessing it's: complete vs. incomplete profile. But maybe someone else can enlighten us and confirm.

Amy Williams  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:57
Italian to English
+ ...
"blacklisted"? Feb 8, 2008

I think it means the user/member is on your "ignore" list (the opposite of your "flag up" list). AFAIK you can choose to view questions from "ignored" members/users in the KudoZ list. Have you added names to "My lists"? I added a non-user/non-logged-in visitor once to my "out list" and now every non-logged-in visitor comes up with a cross by their name in KudoZ.

Just an idea, though - my terminology may be wrong and it could be something completely different!

Have a good weekend all,
Amy

EDIT: In the KudoZ Dashboard I see I have "Non-ProZ.com" listed with other names under "Colleagues to Filter".

[Edited at 2008-02-08 17:49]

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 08:57
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
oops Feb 8, 2008

Amy Williams wrote:

I think it means the user/member is on your "ignore" list (the opposite of your "flag up" list). AFAIK you can choose to view questions from "ignored" members/users in the KudoZ list.

[Edited at 2008-02-08 17:35]

Oops, then I was looking at a different red cross, please ignore my reply Astrid.

Enrique Cavalitto
Local time: 19:57
SITE STAFF
Incomplete profile marker is visible only to the profile owner Feb 8, 2008

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A. wrote:

Just a guess but I noticed a red cross in a circle next to my name today and when I went into my profile and added my rates - apparently the last outstanding section - the red cross changed to a green tick. So I m guessing it's: complete vs. incomplete profile. But maybe someone else can enlighten us and confirm.

Hi Nicole,

The "incomplete profile" marker should be visible only to the profile owner. On the other hand the green "tick" indicator of a complete profile is displayed in the profile and can be shown to visitors.

Regards,
Enrique

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:57
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, the person was being filtered Feb 8, 2008

Thanks, Amy! I discovered I have a very short list of names that I am filtering, that I created a long time ago and have meanwhile forgotten about. I have never seen the symbol before since the list is very short.

And thanks for having a go at answering, Nicole!

Astrid

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What does a red cross in a red circle next to someone's name mean?

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs