Mobile menu

Please correct faulty wording
Thread poster: Kim Metzger

Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:53
German to English
Mar 17, 2008

KudoZ editors are given a list of reasons for removing/squashing a question. One of them is:

"Includes more than one term question"

Shouldn't that read: Question includes more than one term?

Rule 2.3 states:

One term is allowed per question. Including multiple terms for translation in a single KudoZ posting interferes with the process of generating glossary entries.

Direct link Reply with quote

Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:53
English to Arabic
+ ...
Obviously! Mar 18, 2008

I think it was originally meant to read
"Includes-more-than-one-term" question

But I agree absolutely, the way it reads now is plain wrong. It's amazing how we just get used to things that they don't strike us as wrong anymore.

Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
French to English
slash? Mar 18, 2008

I thought it was a slash missing, to represent "per".

But it's been a very long time since I had the right to quash questions.

Armorel Young  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
German to English
Nesrin's right Mar 18, 2008

Well done, Kim, for picking up on the inaccuracy (all translators should have this sort of concern for detail!). I don't see that it can mean anything other than "question includes more than one term". ("Includes more than one term per question" doesn't work, because it sounds as though it refers to a number of questions rather than just one.)

Jared Tabor
Local time: 20:53
Wording changed Mar 19, 2008

Hello all,

Thanks Kim for pointing this out. The wording in the article you mention has been changed.

Best regards,

Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:53
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Also change wording of squashing reason Mar 19, 2008

Jared Tabor wrote:
Thanks Kim for pointing this out. The wording in the article you mention has been changed.

Thanks, Jared. The same change needs to be made to the wording of the squashing reason (appearing in the list of reasons for "Removing a KudoZ question" displayed after clicking on the "Squash" button, as also pointed out by Kim). This is still the same - "Includes more than one term question".

[Edited at 2008-03-19 20:55]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please correct faulty wording

Advanced search

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs