Thread poster: Translation Link
Translation Link
Translation Link
United States
Local time: 01:20
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Mar 31, 2008

From: Ariann Stern-Gottschalk [mailto:[email protected]]Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 5:14 PMTo: [email protected]: Arizona State University Critical Languages Institute

I am writing to tell you about a very unique Albanian language opportunityhere at Arizona State University's Critical Languages Institute and to askyou how I might best communicate informatio
... See more
From: Ariann Stern-Gottschalk [mailto:[email protected]]Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 5:14 PMTo: [email protected]: Arizona State University Critical Languages Institute

I am writing to tell you about a very unique Albanian language opportunityhere at Arizona State University's Critical Languages Institute and to askyou how I might best communicate information about our program to theAlbanian-speaking community in the US. I am writing from the Arizona State University Critical Languages Institute,where we have the country's largest Albanian language program. Each summerwe offer intensive elementary, intermediate and advanced courses in Albaniantaught by professors from the University of Tirana and the AmericanUniversity in Kosova. Our courses are funded by grants from the AmericanCouncil of Learned Societies and in a deal we make with ASU summer sessions,we offer our classes tuition-free to any students enrolled. For the past two summers we have had a very special course called AdvancedMastery Albanian, which was created for native and near-native speakers. Itfocuses skills like mastering Albanian orthography, translation (bothbetween Albanian and English, but also between variants of Albanian) andcomposition. Unlike our other classes, advanced mastery only meets for 6weeks (from June 16 to July 25) and students earn 6 rather than 8 credits. I am trying very hard to reach out to Albanian students from outside thePhoenix area to tell them about our program. Do you have suggestions of whoI can best contact to alert students of this very special Albanian languageprogram? I would be happy to send you our brochures and a pdf copy of bothbrochures for you to distribute. In the meantime, I have attached acomprehensive announcement at the bottom of this email. You can also findmore information at our website: http://melikian.asu.edu/.http://melikian.asu.edu/docs/tirana_summer_2008.pdf has information aboutour program in Tirana. Thank you in advance for your help, Ariann Ariann Stern-Gottschalk, PhD Director, Critical Languages Institute The Melikian Center: Russian, Eurasian, & East European Studies at ASU 480-965-7705 In 2008, the Arizona State University Critical Languages Institute (CLI)will offer eight-week, eight-credit intensive language courses inelementary, intermediate, and advanced mastery Albanian. This year the CLI will be held June 2 - July 25, 2008 on the Tempe campus ofArizona State University. Classes meet Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to12:30 pm and cultural sessions are held in the afternoons. All classes are tuition -free. The only cost for the course is a $400non-refundable registration processing fee. We also offer a limited numberof competitive fellowships (details are on our website:http://melikian.asu.edu/index2.php?type=cli &record=9). After the course in Tempe, students can continue their language and culturestudies on a special three-week study abroad program in Tirana from July28-August 15, 2008. Students earn an additional two credits for theseclasses, tuition-free. The program costs about $1,330 (excluding airfare andpersonal expenses). The study abroad programs are open to eligible students who did notparticipate in the courses at ASU. For more information and to apply to the CLI, please visit our websitehttp://asu.edu/cli or contact us at [email protected]. We also offer: * Armenian (elementary and intermediate) * Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian (elementary and intermediate) * Macedonian (elementary and intermediate) * Polish (elementary) * Russian (elementary and intermediate) * Tajik (elementary) * Tatar (elementary and intermediate) * Ukrainian (elementary) * Uzbek (elementary and intermediate) ______________________________________________________________Art-Cafe : Miresevini te gezojme sebashku.______________________________________________________________If you wish to unsubscribe, send a blank message to:[email protected] , or visit Art-Cafe's page at:http://www.alb-net.com/mailman/listinfo/art-cafe
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Arizona State University Critical Languages Institute

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »