IV FINANCIAL TRANSLATION CONFERENCE
Thread poster: Victoria Burns (X)
Victoria Burns (X)
Victoria Burns (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:20
Jul 15, 2008

CLS COMMUNICATION HOSTS THE

CLS Communication will be hosting the IV Financial Translation Conference in Madrid on October 10th and 11th, 2008. The event boasts a revered line-up of speakers hailing from both the translation and the financial worlds. An interesting range of subjects will be presented and discussed amongst our speakers and audience including financial market regulation, translation of IFRS compliant texts, leveraging
... See more
CLS COMMUNICATION HOSTS THE

CLS Communication will be hosting the IV Financial Translation Conference in Madrid on October 10th and 11th, 2008. The event boasts a revered line-up of speakers hailing from both the translation and the financial worlds. An interesting range of subjects will be presented and discussed amongst our speakers and audience including financial market regulation, translation of IFRS compliant texts, leveraging the use of TMs in financial translation, legal translation and other hot topics pertaining to today's global translation market. A diverse group of financial translators from around the world attended the last three editions of the FTC and experienced a vibrant atmosphere rife with opportunities to establish new contacts and network with peers. You will find detailed information on our website http://www.cls-communication.com/ivftc or contact Silvia Sánchez by phone at +34/91 535 09 62 or via e-mail [email protected].
Collapse

Natalia Eklund
Natalia Eklund  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:20
French to English
+ ...
Anyone coming? Aug 22, 2008

I may possibly be interested in this conference but I have a few questions.
This is the 4th one, has anyone participated in one of the previous ones?
Is it well organized?
The program is a little general, is it informative?
Anyone planning on going?

Coralie-J
Coralie-J  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
Highly recommended Aug 26, 2008

I attended the previous three and signed up for the fourth as soon as it was announced. They are very informative events, with good speakers, good networking, well organised, and number IV is taking place at the Madrid Stock Exchange. I certainly wouldn't want to miss it.

JA UK
JA UK
Local time: 18:20
Spanish to English
Useful and fun Aug 28, 2008

I was involved in organising the first conference back in 2002 (then under the auspices of Richard Gray Financial Translations) and feedback was very good.

People came from all around the world (US and Latin America, as well as most of Europe) and seemed to find the speakers interesting. They also seemed to have a fun day out and found it useful to be able to meet and make contact with other translators and translation companies.

Obviously, I'm not completely imparti
... See more
I was involved in organising the first conference back in 2002 (then under the auspices of Richard Gray Financial Translations) and feedback was very good.

People came from all around the world (US and Latin America, as well as most of Europe) and seemed to find the speakers interesting. They also seemed to have a fun day out and found it useful to be able to meet and make contact with other translators and translation companies.

Obviously, I'm not completely impartial (though I'm no longer an employee) but I would recommend it to you, indeed I hope to go myself if I can get time off from my current job.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »