Thread poster: Parrot

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:56
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 4, 2004

one-time Director of the Real Academia Espa√Īola, born the 13th of April 1923 and died today, 4th of March 2004.

http://www.aragob.es/pre/cido/lazaroca.htm

"Some years ago, a television anchorman told me I came across badly because I pronounced well. Excellence is not perceived well; it is persecuted. It seems that vulgarity is the natural manner of people." -- Fernando L√°zaro Carreter

The Spanish language mourns the passing of one of its leading lights.

Related Spanish forum post: http://www.proz.com/topic/19022

[Edited at 2004-03-04 11:25]

Direct link Reply with quote

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:56
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for reminding us, Aurora Mar 4, 2004

Language helps us capture the world. The less language we have, the less world we capture, or the more defectively we capture it. A greater expressive capacity implies a greater capacity to comprehend things. Where language suffers impoverishment, thought itself is impoverished.

-- Fernando L√°zaro Carreter

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Homage to Fernando L√°zaro Carreter

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs