Thread poster: Ethiotrans
Ethiotrans
Ethiotrans
Local time: 19:53
Member (2004)
Amharic to English
+ ...
May 6, 2002

I just want to know the volumes of African languages related projects you guys have. If you have any project related to African languages I am ready to work with you. But some sites do not list African languages and most of translation software packages do not support African languages. I am not talking about French, English, Portuguese and other colonized languages. I am talking about pure African languages like Bushman, Somali, Amhairc and others. I know the numbers of user of these languages ... See more
I just want to know the volumes of African languages related projects you guys have. If you have any project related to African languages I am ready to work with you. But some sites do not list African languages and most of translation software packages do not support African languages. I am not talking about French, English, Portuguese and other colonized languages. I am talking about pure African languages like Bushman, Somali, Amhairc and others. I know the numbers of user of these languages are very small comparing to other languages, but still there are people (million of people) using these languages everyday. I am looking companies and individual to work together to promote these languagesCollapse

Agua
Agua  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try Atlas translations, in London, I think May 6, 2002

Hello,

Well, I am sorry to say that I only know English and Spanish well enough to translate from/into them.

I think you should contact Atlas Translations, I remember they sometimes have Amharic and other African and Asian languages to translate from/into.

Good luck,

Mar

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 19:53
English to Arabic
+ ...
Contact Exotic Languages Agency, Orange, California May 7, 2002

Greetings.

You might contact the people at Exotic Languages Agency (ELA) in Orange, California.

They seem to be looking fairly often for people fluent (preferably equipped with suitable word-processing gear) in Amharic, Tigrynyan (sp.?), Somali, Harare, Oromo and other languages of Africa.

I have done several Arabic and Kurdish projects for ELA, and they are good people.

Contact data for ELA:

... See more
Greetings.

You might contact the people at Exotic Languages Agency (ELA) in Orange, California.

They seem to be looking fairly often for people fluent (preferably equipped with suitable word-processing gear) in Amharic, Tigrynyan (sp.?), Somali, Harare, Oromo and other languages of Africa.

I have done several Arabic and Kurdish projects for ELA, and they are good people.

Contact data for ELA:

e-mail < [email protected] >

Tel: 1.800.303.7200 (USA only) or +01.714.704.1874

Fax: +1.714.704.1870

HTH. Good luck.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
Collapse

Mike Osman
Mike Osman  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:53
Member (2013)
English to Somali
+ ...
Somali Freelancer Jan 21, 2003

Hello there I know it has been a while since you wrote this topic but I have just joined this community.

I am a native Freelance Somali Translator and am based in London UK.

Look forward to hearing from you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

African languages support

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »