Mobile menu

Oxford; Friday evening, social
Thread poster: Francis Gregson

Francis Gregson  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:34
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Nov 20, 2004

I'll be arriving in Oxford on Friday around 6-7pm and would like to meet up for a meal. Should we nominate a contact person for this? I don't know my way around Oxford, or any good restaurants. Do you or anybody else know of a decent restaurant? I'm willing to collect names, if someone else can arrange/recommend a restaurant. Personally, a good time to meet would be around 8pm. I suggest we set a deadline of 6pm Wednesday 24 Nov. for 'registrations' in order to book the correct number of tables.

If anybody can recommend a centrally-located restaurant, please provide address (with postcode, if you have it) and telephone number (of restaurant).

I can be contacted at

I'm looking forward to the conference, and believe that it will be a big success, bringing together so many people facing similar challenges.

Direct link Reply with quote
Claudio Chagas
Local time: 19:34
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Browns at Woodstock Road Nov 20, 2004

Hi there,

Browns at Woodstock Road is a good restaurand and not very far from St. Hughs. If you prefer the pub, my favourite one is The Turf on Bath Place, Holywell street.

Browns Restaurant & Bar
5–11 Woodstock Road

Tel: 01865 511995
Fax: 01865 319601

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Oxford; Friday evening, social

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs