https://www.proz.com/forum/language_industry_events_announcements/39541-how_was_the_conference_in_krakow.html

How was the Conference in Krakow?
Thread poster: Teresa Duran-Sanchez
Teresa Duran-Sanchez
Teresa Duran-Sanchez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:30
German to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 28, 2005

Dear friends

I couldn´t make it to the Conference in Krakow, but Magda and the Proz Organization allowed me to sponsor a University student to go in my place, so I´m happy to have invested my money in a good cause.

Did you get a good impression? Was it worth going? Did you learn a lot?

I can wait for your anecdotes, folks!

I´m sorry to have missed this chance, I´ll have to organize some powwow in Tenerife to meet some of you! The weather he
... See more
Dear friends

I couldn´t make it to the Conference in Krakow, but Magda and the Proz Organization allowed me to sponsor a University student to go in my place, so I´m happy to have invested my money in a good cause.

Did you get a good impression? Was it worth going? Did you learn a lot?

I can wait for your anecdotes, folks!

I´m sorry to have missed this chance, I´ll have to organize some powwow in Tenerife to meet some of you! The weather here is gorgeous in Winter: today we got a bit of strong wind, but yesterday I spent the whole morning diving and taking underwater pictures of starfish)))
Collapse

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Italian to English
Great Conference Nov 29, 2005

Hi Teresa
I see you're not getting any replies and your thread is disappearing down the list. If you look at the Powwow page, you'll see a flurry of positive comments from those that attended. Some entries are also beginning to appear on the feedback section of the pages for each individual programme session.
The attendance was the best yet, though a little short of the 172 who registered and the atmosphere and venue were excellent for networking. There was some overlap in conten
... See more
Hi Teresa
I see you're not getting any replies and your thread is disappearing down the list. If you look at the Powwow page, you'll see a flurry of positive comments from those that attended. Some entries are also beginning to appear on the feedback section of the pages for each individual programme session.
The attendance was the best yet, though a little short of the 172 who registered and the atmosphere and venue were excellent for networking. There was some overlap in content with last year's Oxford Conference but still enough to stimulate most people's interest.
Personally, I found Kraków a fascinating place, despite the chilly weather and I am sure I was not alone in taking advantage of the cheap flights and low prices to make my first excursion outside Western Europe. I shall be back.
Sorry you couldn't make it.
Collapse

Teresa Duran-Sanchez
Teresa Duran-Sanchez  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reference to the powwow page Nov 30, 2005

Thanks, Russell!

I was beginning to worry for not getting any positive message! I´m very glad to read you had a good time in Krakow.

I´ll have a look at the powwow page to get an overall impression.

Have a nice day!

T.

avantix
avantix  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:30
German to Dutch
+ ...
In memoriam
See you next year... Dec 2, 2005

I completely agree with Russell - it was a well-organised conference, a great opportunity to meet colleagues from all over (mainly) Europe and a beautiful town to visit and have some perfect meals together.
You'll have the opportunity to join at the next conference in Buenos Aires, the end of August. If you can make it, be there, I'm sure that you won't regret. By the way, those conferences are a good opportunity for networking as well.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How was the Conference in Krakow?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »