https://www.proz.com/forum/language_industry_events_announcements/53256-testing_bulletin_board.html

Testing Bulletin Board
Thread poster: Harry Hermawan
Harry Hermawan
Harry Hermawan  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 03:48
English to Indonesian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Aug 14, 2006

Hi, all I've just tried installing Bulletin Board courtesy of Proz.com (YaBB).

Please, feel free to post messages.

Thanks

http://www.penerjemah.my.proz.com/yabb/

PS: After you get there, 'Register' and fill in the necessary information, it won't take long. And 'Login'.

Then, mouse-over the 'GENERAL BOARD / ...' or 'TEST ZONE / ...'.
... See more
Hi, all I've just tried installing Bulletin Board courtesy of Proz.com (YaBB).

Please, feel free to post messages.

Thanks

http://www.penerjemah.my.proz.com/yabb/

PS: After you get there, 'Register' and fill in the necessary information, it won't take long. And 'Login'.

Then, mouse-over the 'GENERAL BOARD / ...' or 'TEST ZONE / ...'. After that, click on the 'Subject' 'Welcome - ...'. And finally, 'Reply' to my first posting, or if you want, start a topic just as you would with the bulletin in PROZ.com.

Basically, I just want your comments. TIA.

Harry

[Edited at 2006-08-14 22:01]
Collapse

Woodstock (X)
Woodstock (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:48
German to English
+ ...
Could you state the purpose? Aug 14, 2006

Hi,
I just took a very quick look and didn't understand the point of the Bulletin Board. It would be nice if a brief description of its aim were posted here, so we would know why we should use it, and what to put there. What does it do that ProZ doesn't already do? Was there some earlier discussion about this that I missed? I would guess that most colleagues here wouldn't have the time to figure out what this Bulletin Board is for, or what it has to do with us (or ProZ), either, so some ki
... See more
Hi,
I just took a very quick look and didn't understand the point of the Bulletin Board. It would be nice if a brief description of its aim were posted here, so we would know why we should use it, and what to put there. What does it do that ProZ doesn't already do? Was there some earlier discussion about this that I missed? I would guess that most colleagues here wouldn't have the time to figure out what this Bulletin Board is for, or what it has to do with us (or ProZ), either, so some kind of explanation is really necessary.

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Harry Hermawan
Harry Hermawan  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 03:48
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Woodstock Aug 14, 2006

Woodstock wrote:

Hi,
I just took a very quick look and didn't understand the point of the Bulletin Board. It would be nice if a brief description of its aim were posted here, so we would know why we should use it, and what to put there. What does it do that ProZ doesn't already do? Was there some earlier discussion about this that I missed? I would guess that most colleagues here wouldn't have the time to figure out what this Bulletin Board is for, or what it has to do with us (or ProZ), either, so some kind of explanation is really necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Yup, explanation is indeed necessary. At first I even didn't realized, and it took me at least about an hour, of thinking of what to do next, after I installed the Bulletin Board.

Anyway, I just wanted to announce that a Bulletin Board has been installed. And, it would be nice to see some comments. And yes, you have provided a vital point to go back to again (for me) here. WHAT is the purpose, well, I am wondering about that myself. But that's for me to think about again.

Anyway, I am sorry I am taking up your time.

Cheers.

[Edited at 2006-08-14 21:26]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Testing Bulletin Board

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »