Thread poster: Yolande Haneder (X)
Yolande Haneder (X)
Yolande Haneder (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:29
German to French
+ ...
Aug 19, 2006

Hello,

I wish to announce to the many translators that I am working towards a change of the leadership of the agency for the coming months.

I am going to delegate some work to Markus, my husband. For clients, it does not change much, they have been on and off in contact with him and since he had been aware of my way of working of the last months, it won't make a change, except that quotes will be delivered bulkwise every couple of hours should there not be an emergency
... See more
Hello,

I wish to announce to the many translators that I am working towards a change of the leadership of the agency for the coming months.

I am going to delegate some work to Markus, my husband. For clients, it does not change much, they have been on and off in contact with him and since he had been aware of my way of working of the last months, it won't make a change, except that quotes will be delivered bulkwise every couple of hours should there not be an emergency.

For the translators working with me, it may be a bigger change because he is not the type to make long sentences the way i do.
He is a mathematician and informatician first of all and in his mind it is 1 or 0, right or wrong, yes or no. He is not spending much time talking aroung things and does not spend time on forums.

For the agencies I am still working with, I will work on a case per case basis. Some are giving me plenty of time for my translation so I will probably find time to do the translations (expecially for the ones always sending me texts of the same clients for which I very well know the terminology).

We will probably make the transition in the next couple of weeks, me leaving most of the work starting early september.
I willl still be available in the background so our way of working will be the same but I can't garantee to be immediately available at the phone or to answer mails straight away.

I will make a coming back when I feel myself better, probably at the end of this year.

Yolande
Agency known in Austria as Haneder Services.
Collapse

Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Get better! Aug 20, 2006

Yolande Haneder wrote:
I will make a coming back when I feel myself better, probably at the end of this year.

Dear Yolande,

Thank you for the note. I do hope that you feel better soon(er).

Kindest regards,
Derek

Yolande Haneder (X)
Yolande Haneder (X)  Identity Verified
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Derek Aug 20, 2006

Thank you!

It will be worse before it gets better but I will come back.

I am going to try to remain quiet so that the doctors don't keep me in the hospital to ensure I keep away from the work (which would be the least I want!).

Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:29
Dutch to English
+ ...
Take care of yourself! Aug 20, 2006

Dear Yolanda,

Take good care of yourself and take time to get well. I hope that you are up to your normal routine soon.

God bless!

Lucinda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Stepping back from work as translator and agency

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »