Off topic: International Theatre Festival in Warsaw starts tonight
Thread poster: Jacek Krankowski (X)
Jacek Krankowski (X)
Jacek Krankowski (X)  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
Nov 7, 2002

Plays in Hebrew, French, English, German and Hungarian, in addition to Polish.

Unfortunately, the following program is in Polish only:

http://www.ikc.waw.pl/index.php?m=w&a=2870

Jacek Krankowski (X)
Jacek Krankowski (X)  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"You'd be mad to miss it" (The Observer about the play K'FAR) Nov 7, 2002

The Festival opened with a powerful question we also could ask ourselves on our way to another war: \"What is easier to reach? Tomorrow? Or yesterday, when people lived an innocent multicultural life?\"

About Gesher Theatre from Israel with Joshua Sobol\'s K\'FAR- The Village see http://research.haifa.ac.il/~theatre/sobvil01.html:

\"The Village starts as an
... See more
The Festival opened with a powerful question we also could ask ourselves on our way to another war: \"What is easier to reach? Tomorrow? Or yesterday, when people lived an innocent multicultural life?\"

About Gesher Theatre from Israel with Joshua Sobol\'s K\'FAR- The Village see http://research.haifa.ac.il/~theatre/sobvil01.html:

\"The Village starts as an idyllic play but becomes a tragedy,\" says Sobol. \"But one which has nothing to do with character or vice, but with history. It invites people to go back to a pre-political moment in their own life, where human relations counted for more than political positions. I knew I was writing a Utopian play.\"

Sobol deliberately evokes a lost Palestine. \"I tried as much as possible to create a moment of innocence in my own biography and in the history of the country,\" he says. \"It wasn\'t coincidental that I wrote it in 1995, at the beginning of the peace process with the Palestinians. It was a moment of wishful thinking. I feel that our existence here is poisoned with too much history, too much politics, too much drama in the bad sense of the word. For me, it was a need to go back to a time when there was more air to breathe.\"

As the play moves to its conclusion there is a wireless transmission of the United Nations count of votes, determining the creation of an independent Jewish state. The revolve turns, carrying Sayid, who has come to say goodbye after receiving orders from the Supreme Arab Committee to pack his bags. Jew and Arab are enemies.

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

International Theatre Festival in Warsaw starts tonight

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »