Direct link Reply with quote

Rafa Lombardino
United States
Local time: 00:26
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Website Sep 6, 2007

I wish they had made their website available in several languages using the MT technology... That would allow us to better evaluate how the industry is doing, don't you think?

As far as I'm concerned, the technology is great as a glossary, especially when it's targeted to a company or segment, as is the case with the Microsoft setup. I mean, if every Microsoft program uses the same strings, the translation database will be of great help to keep terminology consistency when it comes to company-specific software localization.

However, just to be on the safe side, it's always good to have a professional proofreader / text editor when dealing with help files, since there is more than mere instructions on those documents... After all, you don't want confuse your users when they need your HELP the most, right? LOL

Well, if they're not even using the technology on themselves, I think translators don't have anything to fear!

Vadim Poguliaev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:26
English to Russian
have trados, will proof Sep 7, 2007

subj

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Machine Translation Summit XI

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs